[NFBofSC] Act NOW! Save on Homestead Exemption property taxes

David Houck nfbsc at sc.rr.com
Thu Mar 14 13:00:27 UTC 2024

H.3127, the bill in the House Ways and Means Committee which would
increase the Homestead Exemption from $50,000 to $100,000 being exempt
from tax on your primary residence, needs you to act now!

If you are legally blind or a senior 65 or older, and you either have
or can apply at your county auditor's office for Homestead Exemption,
this is your opportunity to save more in 2025 on your primary
residence property tax.

Attached is a copy of the proposed exemption bill and a copy of the
House Ways and Means Committee members and their contact information
with the area they serve in South Carolina.

Contact the legislators closest to where you live or all of them if
you desire to do so, Tell them that we want H.3127 passed on to the
House floor from the committee as the blind and seniors have increased
independent living and medical expenses and the extra property tax
break would be much appreciated.

We are halfway through the 2024 legislative session and moving H.3127
to pass is important at this time. You can save on your property tax
in 2025 if we all act now! Please contact David Houck at 803-254-3777
or by email at nfbsc at sc.rr.com to tell us about your contacts and
results. As it states on our membership coin, "together" we can
accomplish things which benefit all of blind , disabled and seniors in
South Carolina.

David Houck, Co-Chair
NFB of SC Legislative Advocacy Committee