[NFBofSC] FW: Imagineering Our Future: Our Advocacy Empowers

floza58 at bellsouth.net floza58 at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 15 18:52:33 UTC 2024

From: Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind
<IOF at nfb.org>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2024 11:04 AM
To: Frank Loza <floza58 at bellsouth.net>
Subject: Imagineering Our Future: Our Advocacy Empowers

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33115&qid=9631614>

IMAGINEERING OUR FUTURE

  _____

President's Letter

An important part of advocacy is education about our movement. Sometimes
education comes through interesting questions, which pushes both the
questioner and me to think more deeply about what we do.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33116&qid=9631614> More from
President Riccobono.

Self-Advocacy Toolkits Make a Difference

"The toolkits provide resources all in one place. I used the employment
toolkit and appreciated the examples of things like reasonable
accommodations."  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33117&qid=9631614>
More about how we empower blind people to advocate for themselves.

Latest News at the NFB

National convention registration opens, American Action Fund announces
winners in the 2023-2024 Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest, NFB BELLR
Academy applications accepted, and more.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33118&qid=9631614> Read the latest
news.

Take Action this Month

Visit our  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33119&qid=9631614>
Advocacy Resources Page, submit a nomination for the Blind Educator of the
Year or Distinguished Educator of Blind Students award, explore the March
issue of the Braille Monitor, and
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33120&qid=9631614> contribute to help
us continue advocating and more.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33121&qid=9631614> Get involved.

Important Dates

Apply for a NFB scholarship, attend the Where the Blind Work webinar, check
out our IEP Advocacy Academy, submit a Bolotin Award nomination, and more.
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33122&qid=9631614> Check out the
calendar of events.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33116&qid=9631614> Read the complete
issue online

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we raise
the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives we
want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or
supporting our programs.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33123&qid=9631614>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33124&qid=9631614>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33125&qid=9631614>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33126&qid=9631614>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33127&qid=9631614>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33128&qid=9631614>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

=7e5c74bef6589449> Unsubscribe from this mailing list |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=22797&qid=9631614&h=7e5c
74bef6589449> Opt out of all mailing lists |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33129&qid=9631614> Sign up for our
newsletter

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230