[NFBOH-Cleveland] NFB Scholarships

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 01:59:14 UTC 2017

Hello All! What a great subject, NFB Scholarships!
 The National office provides 2 scholarships that may be of interest
to some of you. There is an academic scholarship and it is time to
apply now, deadline March 31, 2018.
   The Kenneth Jernigan scholarship for convention assistance, not
available for 2018 National convention yet.

In addition, there are the Kenneth Jernigan tickets that offer the
purchaser a chance to win an all expense paid trip to the next years
convention. These tickets will go on sale in the spring! Remember, the
Jernigan raffle tickets that are purchased in 2018, winners will
redeme prize for the 2019 NFB National Convention.
 President Suzanne Turner will make these tickets available to the membership.

Please use the links below or go to nfb.org to learn more.
The Ohio Affiliate also provides academic scholarships that are
awarded during the state convention banquet. The NFB Ohio applications
are usually available during the spring.
Our Ohio Affiliate offers convention assistance too, watch Ohio-Talk
and the Cleveland list serve for details!

So, if you are considering going back to school or a current
student... apply, apply, apply during the open application times.
Thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Scholarship Program: The 2018 NFB scholarship program begins November
1, 2017, and ends on March 31, 2018. Chair of the Scholarship
Committee is Cayte Mendez; email scholarships at nfb.org.

Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund: Applications are closed.
NFB members, blind or sighted, who have not yet attended an NFB
national convention because of lack of funding are eligible to apply
next year. Chairman is Allen Harris; email kjscholarships at nfb.org.

Hope this helps.

Lets Build the federation!

Cheryl E. Fields Secretary

National Federation of the blind of Cleveland

216-566-4317

nfbohio.org

nfb.org

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back