[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Chapter Weekly Announcements

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:05:31 UTC 2018

National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland:
April 23rd, 2018 Weekly News

Good Day Cleveland,

It's time to get busy, less than 4 weeks until the deadline of May 20th and the

Senior Gala Saturday June 9th Time 2 P.M.-6 P.M.

For flyers and tickets Contact:
Arlene Hlad           216-212-2153           Tereasa McKinney    216-862-7046
Natassha Ricks     216-376-9863            Rebecca Russell        216-581-0076
Gloria Conway      772-882-1654 Joanne Williams   216-229-4733

Stay current, Read The Spring Buckeye Bulletin and the April Braille Monitor

Tonight! Monday April 23rd Ohio Affiliate Board Meeting 7 P.M. Teleconfrence

Call: 712-775-7031
Code: 240281423

Listen to the Presidential Release on NFB Newsline, Amazon Echo and on
line at NFB.ORG

Quote of the Week:

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act
rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those
because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle

Early Voting Is Happening Now

  Cuyahoga County Board of Elections
2925 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115

View Ballots on Line and Track your ballot on line at
https://boe.cuyahogacounty.us/

Tuesday May8th Mid Term Primary
Registration for the November 6th Mid Term Election is still open!

Don't have a smart phone and want to use Huber and Lyft?

Use "Go-Go Grandparent's" toll free number is 1-855-464-6872. You'll love it!

Book Discussion Comming Soon: Learn More about the Federation, Read
Walking alone and marching together : a history of the organized blind
movement in the United States, 1940-1990 DB31066

Call OLBPH at 216-623-2911 to request a copy of the book or download
at nlsbard.loc.gov.

:

Remember to keep our elders,those that are homebound, mending member
Rosa Jones as she rehabs  Theresa McKenny  and family while they mourn
the loss of Step Father in your thoughts and prayers.

Accessible Television thru Spectrum:

If you are a Spectrum custumer, it is time to give them a call.
To make the program guide accessible and other features of the service
to visually impaired and blind people, Spectrum is installing Roku.

Call: Spectrum Vision Solutions at 1-844-762-1301  for details.

Tip of the Week:
Have you ever eaten in a restaurant and couldn't figure out which
shaker was the salt and which one was the pepper?

Well, Wayne Fletcher has the cure for this problem... When you pick up
both, take a moment to notice the weight.
 The salt shaker is heavier than the pepper shaker.

Send your tips to Cheryl...

Cleveland Chapter Calendar:

Friday May 18th Chapter Meeting Time: 3 P.M.-5 P.M.
Location: Cleveland Sight Center 1909 East 101st Street

Bring your Loose Change, chapter dues and NFB Gear Payments

Monday May 14th New Member Orientation Teleconference

Sunday May 20 NFB Ohio Senior Division 7 P.M. Teleconference
Topic: Mobility

Saturday June 9th Cleveland Senior Gala  Time: 2 P.M.-6 P.M.

Dinner, Live Music and Door Prizes
 Speaker Barbara Pierce President NFB Ohio Senior Division

Tickets $ 35.00 (No tickets will be sold at the door)

Location: Mitchel's Lounge

, 24900 Euclid Avenue, Euclid, Ohio 44117

Ohio Affiliate Calendar:

Monday April 23rd Ohio Affiliate Board Meeting 7 P.M. Teleconfrence

Call: 712-775-7031
Code: 240281423

Friday May 4th Piggest Raffle Ever Drawing

Sunday May 6 20th Annual Flying Pig Marathon Cincinnati, Ohio
30 Volunteers Needed, bring your family and friends! for the NFB BLT
Station located at mile 9 of the half marathon.
Cheer on runners, hand out tissues and help the Ohio affiliate earn $ 500.00!
On line registration required Deadline April 27th
Contact Sherry Albers 513.886.8697

Sunday June 24th thru Saturday June 29th Braille Enrichment Learning
and Literacy Academy BELL
Held in Columbus, Ohio at the Ohio State School for the Blind ossB
 Volunteers Needed Contact Rachel Kuntz 937.245.0547

Friday November 2nd thru Sunday November 4th NFB Ohio State Convention
Holiday Inn, Cleveland-Strongsville 15471 Royalton Rd. Strongsville, Ohio
Call and reserve your room: 440-238-8800
Rate: $82.00 per night, Includes Breakfast

 Use Amazon Smile!
 Keep on shopping, what about Mothers Day and Graduations?  Ask your friends and
family to go to amazonsmile.com and choose the Ohio Council of the Blind as
their charity of choice.  Sherry

Ohio Affiliate Donations
Please mail Convention Pledges, BELL, Script, Washington and Columbus

Seminar Donations to:
NFB Ohio Treasurer Sherry Ruth
6922 Murray Ridge Road, Elyria, OH 44035
Purchase NFB Ohio Scripts Gift Cards
Contact Shari Ruth for details:

National Calendar:

MAY 1:                   Deadline for Distinguished Educator of the
Year nominations

MAY 1:                   Deadline for NFB EQ program applications

MAY 31:                 Deadline for preregistration for the 2018
National Convention

JUN 3:                   NFB 6 Dot Dash, Baltimore, MD

JUL 3-8:                National Convention, Orlando, FL

JUL 29-AUG 4:     NFB EQ, Baltimore, MD

NOV 13-16:           BLAST Conference, San Antonio, TX

Mail your 2018 Chapter Dues, and other Donations to:
 National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland
 PO Box 141077 Cleveland, Ohio 44114

Experience the Cleveland Voice Box and Share with Fellow Federationists:
(641) 715-3900
Extension: 582705#

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we
raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We
can live the lives we want; blindness is not what holds us back.
Please join us in our work by becoming a member, attending an event,
sharing this newsletter, or supporting our programs.