[NFBOH-Cleveland] Super Bowl: Eagles Fans!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 23:45:44 UTC 2018

Try a winner!

PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SANDWICH (((AUTHENTIC)))

Alan Leonetti

“I was born and raised in Philadelphia and this was my favorite lunch
at the luncheonettes (sandwich shops). Places throughout the rest of
the Country that claim to make Philly Cheese Steaks just do not get
them to taste the same, and one of the reasons is that they do not use
extra-virgin olive oil. Anyone who says that Pat's and Gino's in South
Philly uses Cheez Wiz, is talking about the way they make it now. The
old authentic way uses Provolone Cheese. Also, using deli roast beef
is the same as using top round sliced wafer thin or frozen Rib-Eye
roast shaved on an electric slicer. I was born in 1942 and this is the
way they were made way back then. We are talking about authentic, not
the way they are made now. If you make any changes with the
ingredients or the directions, it will not be the same. Make it
EXACTLY as written here.”

READY IN: 20mins
SERVES:2
UNITS:US
INGREDIENTS
Nutrition
1loaf Italian bread or 1 loaf French bread or 2 large hoagie rolls or
2 large sub rolls
1⁄2lb deli roast beef(very rare, sliced wafer thin, or you can use a
frozen Rib-Eye roast shaved on an electric slicer, wh)
1white onion (thinly sliced)
1green bell pepper(thinly sliced) (optional)
2teaspoons garlic(minced)
1⁄2lb provolone cheese(thinly sliced)
extra virgin olive oil(for grilling)
salt and pepper
marinara sauce (optional topping) orketchup (optional topping)

DIRECTIONS
Heat a griddle or a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
When hot, cover bottom with olive oil.
Add the onions and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until carmelized,
which will take about 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
Then, push the mixture off to one side of the griddle.
Add the meat to the hot part of the griddle.
Cook, continuously flipping the meat over and slightly chopping the
meat into slightly smaller pieces with 2 spatulas, until the meat is
not pink, which should take about 2 minutes.
Mix the meat and the carmelized onions and bell pepper together.
Divide into 2 portions, and top both portions with the cheese to melt.
If using Italian or French bread, cut the bread in half, crosswise,
and slice lengthwise to open for the 2 sandwiches.
Hollow out some of the soft white bread part from inside and place
face down on top of the meat and cheese.
When the cheese is melted, and with 1 or 2 spatulas, flip the
sandwiches over and add topping, such as marinara sauce or ketchup, if
desired, and serve immediately.

How to Make Clam Chowder | A New England Recipe Classic
Step-by-step instructions for how to make clam chowder, following one
of our favorite easy chowder