[NFBOH-Cleveland] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: This Year's Blind Musicians Group Meeting is a BYOI Event!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 00:08:45 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Chris Nusbaum via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 11:06 AM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: This Year's Blind Musicians Group
Meeting is a BYOI Event!
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Chris Nusbaum <cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com >
*Date:* June 25, 2018 at 1:36:20 PM EDT
*To:* musictlk at nfbnet.org
*Subject:* *This Year's Blind Musicians Group Meeting is a BYOI Event!*

Hi Musical Friends:

I know what you're thinking: "I've heard of BYOB (bring your own bottle),
and maybe even BYOD (bring your own device), but what is a BYOI event?"
Bring your own instrument, of course!

The leaders of the Blind Musicians Group are excited to announce that a
portion of our meeting at this year's convention will be dedicated to a
freewheeling "jam session" in which we will be able to make music together,
learning from each other and having fun along the way. We have observed the
many posts on this list asking for tips on learning and playing certain
instruments, and we have responded by organizing what we hope will be a
good opportunity for all who are interested to bounce ideas off each other
as we collaborate with our fellow Federation musicians. Who knows? We may
even get Linda to sing for us!

As long as you can bring your instrument of choice to convention, you are
welcome to join the fun! Don't worry, my fellow pianists—thanks to our
national ooffice, we'll have a full-sized keyboard available. Singers also
have nothing to fear—we know, of course, that our voices are instruments in
theiir own right, and they are the most portable instruments in all of
music. If you have recently written or arranged an original song, we would
love to hear it! So bring your instrument, some songs, and your enthusiasm,
and join us on July 4 at 1:00 PM in Suwanee 19 for what is sure to be a
great time. Let's make music together!

See you in Orlando,

Chris Nusbaum and Linda Mentink, Coordinators
Blind Musicians Group
National Federation of the Blind

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_-516595036839104818_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/cherylelaine1957%40gmail.com
--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood