[NFBOH-Cleveland] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Tune In, Tweet In, Call In: How to Listen to and Participate In Online Convention Coverage

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 02:09:10 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Chris Nusbaum via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 8:18 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Tune In, Tweet In, Call In: How to Listen to
and Participate In Online Convention Coverage
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Dear Fellow Federationists:

  The 2018 national convention is at hand, and everyone is eagerly
anticipating the week of excitement and inspiration which lies ahead.
Though we would love to see every member of our Federation family in
Orlando, we recognize that not everyone will be able to join us in
person. That's why we at 195 The Globe are proud to present the
online stream of this year's convention, together with exclusive
coverage you'll only hear on our station! As part of this coverage,
we're giving you an opportunity not just to listen, but to
participate in convention with us on air. Here's how you can listen
to the stream and interact with the team:

 > Tune In: 195 The Globe offers a myriad of ways to listen to our
convention coverage. Of course, you can access the stream in either
your favorite media player or your Web browser by visiting
195theglobe.com and clicking on our "Listen" page. But you can also
listen on virtually all devices you have! If you would like to listen
on your smartphone or tablet, download the free TuneIn Radio app from
the iOS App Store or the Google Play store, then search for 195 The
Globe. If you want to enjoy convention with Alexa, you need only say,
"Alexa, play 195 The Globe on TuneIn." On a Google Home, just replace
"Alexa" with "Hey Google". If you have a notetaker or a Digital
Talking Book player such as the Victor Reader Stream with ooTunes
functionality, search for 195 The Globe and the stream will play. You
can even listen with your touch-tone phone and on NFB-Newsline! Need
more information, including our streaming schedule? It's all here:
https://nfb.org/convention/2018/stream. Be sure to join us for the
Pre-session Coverage listed in the streaming schedule, as we'll be
airing interviews with various Federation leaders who play an
important part in making convention possible, including some whose
voices you might not have heard before!

 > Tweet In: Here at The Globe, we believe that if we want to give
you the coverage you deserve, we must be actively engaging with you
on social media. For that reason, we will be active on our Twitter
throughout the week, highlighting our broadcasts, tweeting about
special moments on the convention floor, and taking your feedback. We
invite you to follow us on Twitter at @195_theglobe, and to monitor
the hashtags #NFB18 and #GlobeOnAir. We will use both hashtags
frequently to tweet about what we're up to in Orlando, including
information about our special on-air coverage. If you want to give us
some feedback or just say hi, feel free to mention @195_theglobe in a
tweet and we just might read it on-air!

 > Call In: We're excited to partner with the Nation's Blind Podcast
to give you an opportunity to share your convention memories, stories
and feedback in a voicemail! Just call the podcast's feedback line at
(410) 659-9314, extension 2444. Leave your message in the voicemail
box, and you might hear your message on-air. Hosting a banquet
listening party? Invite us in virtually! Heard something which struck
a chord with you? Tell us about it! Have a special convention memory
or magic moment? Share your story! Whether it's before or during
convention, leave us your voicemail and let us hear from you.

  Whether you're in Orlando or participating online, we hope you'll
check out what The Globe has to offer and participate in our coverage
on the phone or on social media. If you have any questions about The
Globe's convention coverage or would like to give us some feedback,
please email Chris Nusbaum at cnusbaum at 195theglobe.com. We look
forward to playing a part in making this convention memorable!

 > Happy listening,
 >  > Chris Nusbaum, David Dunphy, Clara Deitz and Dennis Sumlin
 > Your 195 The Globe Stream Team

  Chris Nusbaum, Programming Director
 > 195 The Globe
  (951) 456-2324

 > Sent from my iPhone

---
https://www.avg.com

List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/cherylelaine1957%40gmail.com
--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood