[NFBOH-Cleveland] Fwd: Tour Our Training Centers

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:08:18 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind <
IOF at nfb.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 12:47 PM
Subject: Tour Our Training Centers
To: Cheryl Fields <cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com>

[image: National Federation of the Blind Logo - Go to NFB.org]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11653&qid=2316886>
[image: Imagineering Our Future]

*July 2018     *

[image: Image of President Mark A. Riccobono]

*A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT*
Twenty years ago I was getting ready to enter my final year at the
University of Wisconsin. I had found the National Federation of the Blind
and learned the pattern of thought and the techniques that blind people use
to be successful. I thought I was ready for the real world... *more from
President Riccobono*
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11654&qid=2316886>
[image: Image of two people in a go-cart.]

*STRUCTURED DISCOVERY LEARNING*
The National Federation of the Blind's three affiliated training
centers provide individuals with the most effective, life-changing
blindness rehabilitation available in the world today. The centers teach
skills at a high level, but also instill confidence in their students
as blind people... *more about the training centers*
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11655&qid=2316886>
[image: Two young people with canes walk together on a city sidewalk]

*SHALMARIE AND KATY'S TRAINING EXPERIENCE *A young woman from Puerto Rico
and a young woman from Iowa share how they discovered blindness training
centers and what they are now doing with the skills and confidence they
developed... *more from Shalmarie and Katy*
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11656&qid=2316886>
[image: Image of students in a lab.]

*ACTION ITEMS*
Thank your senator for supporting the Marrakesh Treaty and share this
newsletter to tell someone about the NFB training centers... *more about
what you can do*
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11657&qid=2316886>

*HAPPENINGS*

   - Express Employment Professionals Makes Testing Accessible to Blind Job
   Seekers
   <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11658&qid=2316886>
   .
   - United States Senate Greenlights Marrakesh Treaty and Implementing
   Legislation
   <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11669&qid=2316886>
   .

*CALENDAR*

*JUL 29-AUG 4:          NFB EQ, Baltimore, MD
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11659&qid=2316886>*

*OCT 11-12:                Tactile Graphics in Education and Careers
Symposium, Baltimore, MD
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11660&qid=2316886>*

*NOV 13-16:                BLAST Conference, San Antonio, TX
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11661&qid=2316886>*

*JUL 7-12, 2019:         NFB National Convention, Las Vegas, NV*

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we
raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives
we want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or
supporting our programs.

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11662&qid=2316886>
[image:
Twitter Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11663&qid=2316886>
[image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11664&qid=2316886>
[image:
YouTube Logo]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11665&qid=2316886>
[image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11666&qid=2316886>
[image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11667&qid=2316886>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://maps.google.com/?q=200+E+Wells+Street+%7C+Baltimore,+MD+21230&entry=gmail&source=g>
| (410) 659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=9655&qid=2316886&h=778f9ac0623a9cde>
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=9655&qid=2316886&h=778f9ac0623a9cde>
|  Sign up for email newsletter
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11668&qid=2316886>

200 East Wells Street
<https://maps.google.com/?q=200+East+Wells+Street+Baltimore+,++MD+21230+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://maps.google.com/?q=200+East+Wells+Street+Baltimore+,++MD+21230+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
United States
..
--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood