[NFBOH-Cleveland] NFB Cleveland Reminders

Owen McCafferty ojmccaf1963 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 20:59:47 UTC 2018

I can’t wait!! Rain or shine I’ll be having my tactile artwork on display!!!!
Owen

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, July 23, 2018, 4:29 PM, Cheryl Fields via NFBOH-Cleveland <nfboh-cleveland at nfbnet.org> wrote:

National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland
Weekly Reminders: Monday July 23rd, 2018

Join the ADA Celebration at WOW!

Wade Oval Wednesday on July 25th

The celebration begins at 4:00 P.M. until 10:00 P.M.

Loads of resource tables for those living with disabilities.

Activities and games, food trucks, live music and a movie!

Get dropped off and picked up at the Botanical Gardens!

Save the Date:

Thursday September 13th Building Bridges with RTA Follow-Up

Saturday, September 15th Exploring Public Square Follow-Up

Thursday September 20th Town Hall meeting/ Employing the Blind

Make Your Reservations Today!

The 72nd National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBOH) Annual
StateConvention“One Team, One Goal”November 2nd, 3rd and 4th
2018Holiday Inn Cleveland/Strongsville
Hotel, 5471 Royalton RoadStrongsville, Ohio 44133(440) 238-8800As
Ohio’s oldest organization comprised of blind people, workingtogether
to change what
It means to be blind, the 2018 NFB of Ohio Convention will inspire,
Empower and celebrate our accomplishments. Join us to learn more about
issues confronting
Blind people to day and walk away ready to advocate for change. Our
72nd Annual Convention entitled “The Team Convention” will showcase
inspirational stories
about the work of our movement, history and philosophy. With Proper
training and technology, the blind can live the life they want. It is
through love, hope
and determination, that the NFB helps to transform dreams Into
reality. Here are a few convention highlights: • Network with blind
people from all parts of
The country. • Encourage blind persons to expand their knowledge of
resources. • Attend Workshops designed to promote leadership,
membership building, and
Successful attitudes towards employment strategies. • Attend the
banquet that provides scholarships for blind college students. • Visit
Exhibit Hall to explore
The latest technology and low-vision products. Exhibitors will be open
to shoppers and information gatherers on Sat. November3, 2018 from
noon to 4:30 P.M. You
Can start reserving your room now and the cost is $82.00 plus
16.5percent tax WITH FREE BREAKFAST FOR TWO. Any additional persons in
the room will pay $5.00
For the breakfast. In addition, please keep in mind that the cutoff
date for reservations is Thursday, October 11, 2018. The Holiday Inn
Strongsville has
Created a personalized link which has code “FEB” built into it.This
tool is extremely user friendly and will help to make sure your stay
is booked at the
Group rate. If you prefer, call reservations directly at1-877-408-4913
and reference group code “FEB”. Here are the steps for online
RESERVATIONS: list of
10 items• • Hold down CTRL and click National Federation of the Blind•
• or right click on hyperlink and select OPEN hyperlink• • the group
block code FEB
Will already be included for your special rate• • Enter arrival and
departure dates• • Enter first & last name and email address• • Enter
payment information•
• Once complete, a confirmation number will be generated• • If an
email address was entered, A confirmation will be sent TO you• • this
link will not properly
Function when attempting to access it through a cell phone• • A lap
top or desk top computer is recommended

Cheryl Fields Secretary National Federation of the Blind Cleveland
Chapter216-566-4317
Cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
NFBOHIO.ORG
NFB.ORG
Is not the characteristic that defines blind people or their future?
Every day we raise the expectations of and for blind people, because
low expectations create

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBOH-Cleveland:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfboh-cleveland_nfbnet.org/ojmccaf1963%40yahoo.com