[NFBOH-Cleveland] Fwd: [Community-service] Let's Get Involved! The National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division at #NFB18

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 00:14:08 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Darian Smith, President, National Federation of the Blind
Community Service Division via Community-Service"
<community-service at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 07:04:05 -0600
Subject: [Community-service] Let's Get Involved! The National
Federation of the Blind Community Service Division at #NFB18
Cc: "Darian Smith,President, National Federation of the Blind
Community Service Division" <president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

The National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division
invites you to join us during our activities at the 2018 convention of
the National Federation of the Blind. Together we will serve with
love, empower with hope, and succeed with determination.

On July 3 at 9:00 AM, we will have our fourth annual service project.
This year we will partner with the Coalition for the Homeless in
Orlando to feed homeless Orlando residents. Together we will share our
Federation love with members of our community. *Please see attachment
for our service project flyer!*

On July 5 at 6:30 PM, we will hold our fourth annual meeting and
seminar. Come join us as we explore “Empowerment through Community
Service.” Connect with presenters and participants  from around the
country as stories of service and empowerment are shared. Be a part of
the discussion, and turn unspoken doubts into realized hopes.
Registration is $5 for the meeting.

On July 6 at 9:00 PM, join us for our fourth annual trivia night.
Bring your chapter, bring your friends, and enjoy an evening full of
fun, diverse and challenging questions, and of course, a cash bar!
Admission is $5at the door with proceeds benefiting future programs of
the division. Come  along, and bring a sense of determination and
competition!

On July 7 at 6:00 PM, we invite you to attend our post-program meeting
and brainstorm session. The board of directors of the Community
Service Division invites you to join us for a gathering where you can
meet the new board and share ideas to help the division grow. What
programs would you like us to explore? What activities would you like
to see more of? What role do you want to have in strengthening this
division? How can we help to keep you, your chapter, your affiliate,
your division connected year round? Come, contribute, be a part of
building the National Federation of the Blind through community
service.

Finally, because we do live in the age of social media, don’t forget
the NFB hashtag for convention is #NFB18, and the NFBCSD hashtag is
#EmpoweredToServe.

See you in Orlando!
Let’s get involved!
The NFB Community Service Division

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org

Twitter: @NFB_CSD

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org
<mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.

--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood