[NFBOH-Cleveland] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] message to all about PAC

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 11:20:33 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Andrews via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 7:22 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] message to all about PAC
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Greetings, I write you today to see if you are PAC ing for convnention.
No, I don’t mean tucking away your dresses, suits, bathing suits,
undergarments, and the like.  I am talking about assisting the National
Federation of the Blind to help us live the lives we want.

It is no secret that any social movement needs funding to help turn dreams
into reality and ours is no different.  The Pre-authorized Contribution
Plan (PAC) is a critical fund raising vehicle for us.  Over the years, it
has brought in  tens of millions of dollars for the NFB.  Every single one
of our members can help in this regard.

Many of you are already PAC members and thank you for your continuing
support, but many of you aren’t.

How does it work?  Well, you authorize a monthly contribution from a
financial account, and the Federation receives that money into our national
treasury.  You can have the contribution come from your savings account,
checking account, debit card, or credit card.  The minimum donation is $5 a
month and there is no maximum level.

What do we need from you?  Well, we will need the account information.  For
savings accounts and checking accounts, we need the account number and your
bank’s routing number.  We can most easily get this off a blank check or
the appropriate withdrawl slip from the savings account.  Please note that
the savings account must permit external withdrawls.  As for the debit and
credit cards, we need exactly what you’d expect:  account number,
expiration date, etc.  Lastly, we will need your signature on a form
authorizing the monthly contribution.

How are PAC contributions spent?  The money goes directly into our general
account which means it helps with everything from legal advocacy, public
education, scholarships, BELL programs, and the like.  There are many
activities we would not be able to engage without PAC funding.  Currently,
we bring in about $475,000.00 a year on the PAC Plan.

At convention this year, we have one intermediate goal and one huge goal.
I am confident that through new PAC pledges and increased pledges, we can
get to 500,000 dollars a year on the PAC Plan.  However, the huge goal is
to get 75,000 dollars in increased and new pledges which would put us at
approximately $550,000 a year on PAC.

We will be running our usual array of contests at convention.  All new
pledges will go into a money drawing which will be awarded at the banquet.
The same is true for all those increasing their pledge.  I will have to
negotiate with the President about the amount of these drawings, but they
should be at least $200 each.  However, I suspect that  if we can reach our
huge goal, the drawings might just be for $500 each.  We’ll just have to
see how we do.

For the state affiliate that generates the most activity, either new or
increased pledges, that affiliate will receive the PAC Rat.   For the
division which generates the most business, it will receive the PAC Muel.
For the state affiliate which has the largest percentage increase in terms
of a monthly contribution level, they shall receive the PACHYDERM.

There will be other surprises and contests we run at convention.  The PAC
table will be open during General Sessions, July 6 through 8, at the back
of the Convention hall.  Stay tuned for announcements.
Help us build the Federation through the PAC plan.  Now, I hope you are all
PAC-ed and ready for convention.

  Pacfully yours,
Scott LaBarre

slabarre at labarrelaw.com

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#m_-8362985470294855465_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>
goto
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org/cherylelaine1957%40gmail.com
--
Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl E. Fields

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life
when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood