[NFBOH-Cleveland] Something Special!

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:36:08 UTC 2018

blindcooks at freelists.org
Subject: [blindcooks] Prime Rib
So I decided to make Jenna and I a prime rib for Christmas dinner. I
am going to go and get it this afternoon. If they have some. I found
this recipe this morning but would love some other ideas for cooking.
Perfect Prime Rib Recipe
Prep time
1 hour
Cook time
2 hours
Total time
3 hours
Perfect Prime Rib Recipe - This prime rib recipe results in the
perfect prime rib every time. Perfect for the holidays or special
occasions. With step by step tips!
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
Serves: 6 - 8
Ingredients
•1 (3 - 4 bone) bone-in prime rib, about (10 - 10.5 pounds)
•1 tablespoon kosher salt
•2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Instructions
1.Salt prime rib from one hour to up to five days prior to cooking and
serving your prime rib. Once salted, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and
refrigerate until an hour prior to cooking.
2.An hour prior to cooking, remove prime rib from refrigerator, unwrap
and place, bone side down, on a roasting pan fitted with a roasting
rack and allow to reach room temperature. At this point add pepper or
other seasonings, if using.
3.Preheat oven to 450º F. Then, roast your prime rib for 15 minutes
and reduce to 325º F until your prime rib reaches the desired internal
temperature, usually 11 - 12 minutes per pound, about 1 hour and 10
minutes. Using an internal meat thermometer, remove your prime rib
from the oven about 2 - 4 degrees less than the desired serving final
temperature you desire. The temperature of the prime rib will continue
to rise due to carryover cooking. Tent prime rib with foil and allow
to rest for 20 minutes.
4.Place on a carving board for slicing and serve.
Enjoy!
Robyn xo