[NFBOH-Cleveland] Broccoli and Cheese Soup for the weekend?

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:52:26 UTC 2018

LOADED BROCCOLI AND CHEESE SOUP
This Potato Soup is so full of flavor and has so many delicious
ingredients including cheese, potatoes and broccoli. Sure to be a hit
at every home.
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 8-10
2 - 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
2-3 large carrots, peeled and diced
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed into small pieces
1 tsp. onion powder
2 small heads broccoli (washed and diced small)
3 TB butter
1/3 cup flour
3 1/2 - 4 cups milk
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic pepper
6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots potatoes and onion powder.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour
and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and
cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Add salt and garlic pepper.
Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined.
Add more milk for a thinner consistency and add any additional salt
and pepper needed. Top with bacon pieces.
Serve warm.
‘The nicest place to be is in someone's thoughts, the safest place to
be is in someone's prayers, and the very best place to be is in the
hands of God.
"A day without a friend is like a pot without a drop of honey."
-Winnie the Pooh
-Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:
Bless you, Sugar Lopez