[NFBOH-Cleveland] National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, Cleveland Chapter, Introduce, Carter, a 3-year old Guide Dog, Celebrating Guide Dog Awareness

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:00:02 UTC 2019

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio, Cleveland Chapter

Introduce, Carter, a 3-year old Guide Dog

In Celebration of Guide Dog Awareness

Hello pals!

My name is Carter, also known as  Miniature Horse, and Pup Pup. I am a
3-year-old black Labrador, soon to be 4. I was born in New York where I was
trained to become a Guide dog. During my stay in New York, I had the
Opportunity to participate in various activities ranging  from swimming to
passing out candy to the kids during Halloween.

I relocated to Cleveland on February 12, 2017. Here in Cleveland, I have had
the opportunity to travel all over Cleveland and explore other cities and
states as well. I take pride in guiding my owner safely around obstacles and
from point A to B. I feel like I am doing the work I was born to do! We are
truly a wonderful match!

I am able to adapt to new locations with no problem. We are able to do a
route once or twice and I am good to go. I am heavily motivated by lots of
praise and food rewards, which makes me a quick learner. I am very focused
on my job, but at the end of the day, I am still a dog. I love to run and
play and bark very loudly when it is meal time. My owner always has to
summons me to quiet down.

When you see  us out and about, just ignore us, we are a team at work.

Carter, a Federationist in the movement!