[NFBOH-Cleveland] Sign up for Food Bank and White Cane Walk Volunteers

Owen McCafferty ojmccaf1963 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 23 18:04:08 UTC 2019

Sandy
Mayb able to do the food bank but I’ll be out of town the weekend of June 1 for a school reunion on Columbus, Ohio but I’ll do the food bank
Owen

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 1:44 PM, Sandy krems via NFBOH-Cleveland <nfboh-cleveland at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hello Cleveland,The Cleveland chapter of NFB has two community events coming up in the next several weeks that you may like to join.
On Tuesday May 28, we will be volunteering at the Cleveland Food Bank from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.   At the Food Bank, we work together to repack food donations from bulk containers to boxes that can be distributed to hunger centers and shelters.  The Food Bank staff does a great job of making the work accessible to blind volunteers There will be room for 10 volunteers from the chapter.  Please call me at 440-479-4537  or email me at slkrems at gmail.com  if you would like to sign up.  You will need to register with the Food Bank if you have not volunteered there before.  All volunteers will need to sign up ahead of time.   When we get closer to the date, I will send out the Food Bank address so that our volunteers can schedule rides.
On Saturday, June 1, the Cleveland chapter of NFB will have an information table at the White Cane Walk, sponsored by the Cleveland Sight Center.This annual event takes place at the Cleveland sight Center from 9:00 a.m. to noon.  We need volunteers from the chapter to staff the table.  Set up time is 8:30 a.m.  We will be distributing information from 9:00 a.m to 10:00 a.m. before the walk and then again from 10:30 a.m. until noon after the walk.  Please call me at 440-479-4537 or email me at slkrems at gmail.com if you will be able to lend a hand with the White Cane Walk.
I hope you’ll be able to join us at one or both of these events!

Sandy KremsCommunity Engagement ChairpersonNational Federation of the Blind Cleveland Chapter
Email:  slkrems at gmail.com
Please Visit and like our Cleveland Chapter’s Facebook Page:
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

Please Click On This Link To Learn More About The, National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

***
***

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBOH-Cleveland:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfboh-cleveland_nfbnet.org/ojmccaf1963%40yahoo.com