[NFBOH-Cleveland] Produce Perks, Produce Perks

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 15:17:47 UTC 2019

Produce Perks

Produce Perks is a program for current SNAP recipients. At participating farmers markets and Dave's grocery stores, customers can double their SNAP dollars up to $20 (per farmers market, per day) and up to $10 at retail grocery stores. They just visit the customer service desk and request to participate in Produce Perks.  They will receive tokens (which never expire!)  to spend at farmers markets or coupons to spend at retail grocery stores. It really is that simple! Here is a great website that explains how it works :  <https://produceperks.org/how-it-works/> https://produceperks.org/how-it-works/

Produce Perks helps stretch SNAP dollars and supports the local economy. It also provides an incentive and means to increase access to fresh produce, which is critical in food deserts, where many SNAP recipients live. We aim to increase not only SNAP enrollment, but also visibility of the Produce Perks program. This program results from multisystem collaborations and your program is one of the touch points we identified that can help us promote this opportunity to our shared service populations, especially older adults and adults with disabilities.  How can we work together to increase awareness and use of Produce Perks?

In addition to the website above explaining how Produce Perks works, attached is a postcard listing all participating market locations.

The link below describes how SNAP and Produce works at farmers markets throughout the state including the 23 in Cuyahoga County.

https://gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cleveland.com%2Fpolitics%2F2019%2F07%2Fsnap-benefits-accepted-at-92-ohio-farmers-markets-this-year.html%3Futm_source%3DNewsletter%26utm_medium%3DNewsletter%2520Capitol%2520Letter%26utm_campaign%3DNewsletter%2520-%2520Capitol%2520Letter&data=02%7C01%7Ckathleen.sizemore%40jfs.ohio.gov%7C9c52833bb6c046920d4108d709d6c8c8%7C50f8fcc494d84f0784eb36ed57c7c8a2%7C0%7C0%7C636988690405486524&sdata=AkNeXnwuPDGHLaSM61Gd6Qqab%2B8N4zAtpjiU18%2BjRyI%3D&reserved=0

Here is the postcard for Cuyahoga.

Please contact  :

Maridell Couture

 <mailto:Maridell.Couture at jfs.ohio.gov> Maridell.Couture at jfs.ohio.gov

2018 Produce Perks Postcard.

Buy a little Get a lot

How it works:

Find a participating farmers’

market near you (see back).

After arriving at the farmers’

market, find the customer

service booth and swipe your

Ohio Direction Card.

You will receive $‑ in Produce

Perks for every $‑ you spend

using an Ohio Direction Card.

Use your Produce Perks to

buy fresh, local produce from

vendors at the farmers’ market!

Shop with SNAP/EBT, get up to $­‑

in FREE fruits & vegetables!

­‑
 PARTICIPATING MARKET LOCATIONS

Check for Market Days

& Times Near You!

For help finding your nearest market

call‑
 ext

If you do not currently receive food

assistance through an Ohio Direction Card

and would like to apply, please call the

Greater Cleveland Food Bank Help Center

Toll-Free at ­‑

‑‑.

CITY FRESH CSA

Mon­Thur ­Jun ‑‑Dec ‑

Cuyahoga & Lorain Counties

wwwcityfreshorg or ‑

CLEVELAND BOTANICAL GARDENS

FARM STANDS:

– BUCKEYE WOODLAND

Tue‑ ­
pm ­Jun ‑ct

Woodland Ave & E ‑‑th St  Cleveland

P ‑
‑

RTA MLK Dr & Woodland Ave ­

– FAIRFAX

Wed‑ ­
pm ­Jun ‑ct

th btwn Quincy & Central Ave  Cleveland

P ‑‑

RTA E
th St & Quincy Ave ­ ‑‑

– MIDTOWN

Thur‑ ­
pm ­Jun ‑ct

E th & Chester Ave  Cleveland

P ‑

RTA Hough Ave & E th ­

Euclid Ave & E th St ­Health Line

– SLAVIC VILLAGE

Thur‑ ­
pm ­Jun ‑ct

E th & Fleet Ave  Cleveland

P ‑

RTA Fleet Ave & E th St ­‑

COIT ROAD FARMERS’ MARKET

Sat‑ am­pm ­YearRound

Wed‑ am­pm ­May   Oct ‑

‑ Woodworth Rd  East Cleveland

RTA E ‑ St & Noble Rd ­

EUCLID FARMERS’ MARKET

Fri‑ ­pm ­Jun ‑Oct

Shore Cultural Centre
‑ E nd St  Euclid

RTA Lakeshore Blvd & E nd St

­A

GATEWAY ­‑ FARMERS’ MARKET

Tue‑ am­pm ­May Oct

Fri‑ ­pm ­May Oct

Corner of Superior & E ‑th St  Cleveland

RTA E ‑th St & Superior Ave ­‑

GOOD EARTH FARM STAND

Thur‑ ­pm ­YearRound

Mon‑ ­pm ­May Oct

Sat‑ ­pm ­May Oct

 Madison Ave  Cleveland

P ‑‑

RTA W
th St & Madison Ave ­‑

KAMM’S CORNERS FARMER

MARKET

Sun‑ am­pm ­Jun ‑ct ‑

‑
 Albers Ave  Cleveland

RTA Lorain Ave & W ‑th St ­

LAKEWOOD EARTH AND

FOOD COMMUNITY (LEAF)

FARMERS’ MARKET

Thur‑
­pm ­Jun ‑ct

‑ Detroit Ave  Cleveland

RTA Detroit Ave & Arthur Ave ­

LAKEWOOD FARMERS’ MARKET

Sat‑ am­pm ­Jun Oct ‑

Municipal Parking Lot on Detroit Rd

btwn Cook & Warren  Lakewood

RTA Warren Rd & Detroit Ave ­

LEAGUE PARK MARKET AT
th

Thur‑ ­pm ­May ‑Oct

Corner of E
th St & Superior Ave

RTA Superior Ave & E
th St ­

NORTH UNION FARMERS’ MARKETS:

– AT CHAGRIN FALLS

Sun‑ am­pm ­Jun Oct ‑

Band Stand Triangle Park  Chagrin Falls

– AT CLEVELAND CLINIC

Wed‑ am­pm ­Jun Oct ‑

 E ‑th St btwn Carnegie & Euclid  Cleveland

RTA Cleveland Clinic ­  A

– AT CROCKER PARK

Sat‑ am­pm ­YearRound

Crocker Park Blvd btwn Vine & Main St  Westlake

RTA Union Ave & Main Ave ­

– AT LEGACY VILLAGE

Sun‑ ­pm ­Jun ‑Sep

Central Parking Lot  Lyndhurst

RTA ‑ Cedar RdLegacy Village ­

– AT PLAYHOUSE SQUARE

Thur‑ am­pm ­Jun ‑Sep

E ‑th St & Euclid Ave  Cleveland

RTA Euclid Ave & E ‑th St ­Health Line CLine Trolly

– AT SHAKER SQUARE

Sat‑ am­pm ­YearRound

Shaker Square  Cleveland

RTA Shaker Square Rapid Station

­‑‑ Blue Green lines

– AT UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS

Thur‑ am­pm ­Jun Sep

 Adelbert Rd  Cleveland

RTA Adelbert Rd ­A

OHIO CITY FARM STAND

Sat‑ am­pm ­Jun Nov

W th St Bridge Ave  Cleveland

RTA W th Rapid Station ­Red Line/W th St &

Bridge Ave ­ ‑   A
AB ‑

OLD BROOKLYN FARMERS’ MARKET

Tue‑
­pm ­Jun ‑Aug

Loew Park  W th St  Cleveland

P ‑
‑

RTA State Rd & Oak Park Ave ­‑A

TREMONT FARMERS’ MARKET

Tue‑ ­pm ­May ‑ct

Lincoln Park  W ‑th St btwn Kenilworth & Starkweather

Cleveland

RTA Starkweather Ave & W ‑th St ­‑

VILLAGE MARKET IN SLAVIC VILLAGE

Mon‑ ­pm ­Jun ‑‑Aug

‑ Fleet Ave  Cleveland

RTA Fleet Ave & E
th St ­‑

VILLAGE FAMILY FARMS

Mon‑ am­pm ­Jun Oct

‑ Crawford Rd  Cleveland

RTA Hough Ave & E
th St ­

 Accepts WIC FMNP  Accepts Senior FMNP

Brought to you by:

Suzanne Hartfield-Turner, President

NFBOH-Cleveland Chapter

C: (216) 990-6199

P: (641) 715-3900

Ex: 582705

A: PO Box 141077

Cleveland, Ohio 44114

E: President.NFB.ClevelandOhio at Gmail.com <mailto:President.NFB.ClevelandOhio at Gmail.com>

Please visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/