[NFBOH-Cleveland] A Few Thoughts

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 19:14:53 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon Cleveland and Cuyahoga,

I want to take time out to thank you for the efforts of preparing for the
meeting with the City of Cleveland tomorrow. This meeting is quite important
and I trust that it will be equally lucrative. There are a few points that I
want to comer.

First, please have your Para Transit buses drop you off in the back of the
building; the wheelchair entrance.

Secondly, if you are not attending, please encourage members to do so. We
need a positive showing and there is strength in numbers. Although
Cleveland's City Hall is not in your area; be reminded that there is a
survey that is being circulated to have these vehicles in your neighborhood.
So, there is a benefit for you being there. Not only that, you are a member
of the movement, so what affects one, affects all!

Thirdly, please remain from outbursts, groans and inquiries prior to the Q/A
session on the agenda; so that those who have hearing impairments are able
to fully participate during the meeting. Also, we want to respect the
speakers while they are talking. This is not a gripe session, but a
collaborative event with the City; to where we have an opportunity to
develop a stronger relationship.

Finally, for those who have participated in the Great Gathering Inn at the
NFB Washington Seminar, Barbara Pierce always reminds us about grooming and
looking our best when we go on the Hill to speak to our National
Representatives. So, I an encouraging men and women to suit up or wear your
best for this event. We want to demonstrate that the National Federation of
the Blind of Cleveland, Greater Cuyahoga and the Ohio Affiliate, are
serious, confident and professionals. A reminder that Ohio State Reps,
additional networks and individuals are going to be present. I also,
understand that Congresswoman Fudge's Administration will be there as well.
However, I have not received a confirmation. Never the less, we are there to
support our initiative.

See you all tomorrow!

Suzanne