[NFBOH-Cleveland] Emergency Legislative Teleconference call tomorrow

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:51:03 UTC 2019

Cleveland,

I am calling an emergency legislative teleconference call for tomorrow at
12:00 PM. All who are available, please call in and we will discuss the
National Office's request to contact our Congressional Representatives. For
those who work, if you are at lunch, please call in. This should not take
but 15 minutes. However, if you are not available, I will share the call and
hopefully, you can call later that same day.

We are needed to make telephone calls and send emails. I want us to come
together as a Chapter and work the telephone and emails tomorrow afternoon,
I would like to flood their telephones like we did last year.

I will go over the legislative initiative at 12:00 PM and provide telephone
numbers to reach out to them.

Please call our teleconference number at 12:00 PM

641-715-3294

Code: 246345

See you on the call and read below!

Gabe Cazares

Manager of Government Affairs

National Federation of the Blind

Howdy Fellow Federationists:

Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's Washington Seminar.
Because of your advocacy, we are off to a fantastic start in the 116th
Congress!

As President Riccobono announced at the Great Gathering-In, we have a new
bill which needs your immediate attention.

The Transformation to Competitive Employment Act was introduced in the
Senate by Senator Casey of Pennsylvania and Senator Van Hollen of Maryland,
and was assigned bill number S. 260. In the House, Chairman Bobby Scott of
Virginia and Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers of Washington introduced
companion legislation, H.R. 873. These bills would phase out Section 14(c)
of the Fair Labor Standards Act over a six-year period, at which point the
provision would officially be sunset.

All of this means that we have the opportunity to give these bills a strong
start by immediately building cosponsor support for both S. 260 and H.R.
873.