[NFBOH-Cleveland] Career Fair at NFB Convention

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 23:35:56 UTC 2019

June 12, 2019

Dear Future Blind Employees:

Below is a list of the employers coming to the NFB National Career Fair,
which is on Monday, July 8 from 1-3 p.m., with individual interviews from
3:30 to 5 p.m. We are currently working to sign up other employers,
including Kellogg, the CIA, and Oracle. About one week before the career
fair, we will send a final list of employers on NFBNET. But the lists will
not contain contact information.

If you want contact information for the employers, you must register at
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fa
ir>https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-
fair.
If you do that, we will be able to send you that information, including
periodic updates as the employer list grows. You will be able to contact
them directly, send them your resume, and make arrangements to meet them at
the career fair. We plan to do the first mailing to you next week, so hurry
and sign up!

You must register online to attend the career fair. While we will have a few
people at the convention to help you register, we expect many job seekers
and strongly suggest you ensure your registration by registering now. And
our new system makes it easy for you to sign up.
You can do it on your smartphone.

Can you get employer contact information if you don't plan to attend the
career fair? No, since the employers registered specifically for the career
fair, not at this time. After the fair, we'll see if they want to accept
applications year round, and if so, we may be able to develop a system to do
that.  But it won't work as well as face to face contacts. So if you can
come, even for one hour, please do.

Another advantage of registering for the career fair is that it helps us
build a database of blind job seekers we can refer to employers who are
looking for people to hire. And next year, all you will have to do is update
your information. No muss, no fuss.

So please go to
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fa
ir>https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-
fair
and sign up now.  Here's the current employer list:

Envision, Inc.
Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired Beyond Vision BVI Workforce
Innovation Center Industries of the Blind The Chicago Lighthouse Guide Dogs
for the Blind, Inc.
Gabias Wellness Center
IFB Solutions
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Be My Eyes
Louisiana Center for the Blind
Wells-Fargo
American Printing House for the Blind
LCI
Keystone Vocational Services
I See Music, LLC
In Sight Adventure & Travel Agency LLC
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
BLIND, Incorporated
Bookshare/Benetech
Aira
Saavi Services for the Blind
Pearson
Industries for the Blind and Visually Impaired National Industries for the
Blind Beyond Vision Iowa Department for the Blind Strategic Contact
Solutions Group, Inc New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually
Impaired Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services National Federation
of the Blind

Just in case you forgot that link to register for the Career Fair, here it
is again:
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fa
ir>https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-
fair

Best wishes,
Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee

<https://nfb.org/>
[]

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.