[NFBOH-Cleveland] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for research survey on games for blind and low-vision children

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 03:08:34 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf
Of Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2019 4:59 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Participants needed for research survey on
games for blind and low-vision children

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for
informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our
research mission.

Attention blind and low vision adults experienced in playing board and card
games, experts regarding games for the visually impaired or the development
of the cognitive functions of the blind, blind educators, and experts with
knowledge of/experience with memory games.

I am Amy Ritter, a high school senior at Quince Orchard High School in
Gaithersburg, Maryland who is conducting a survey titled, "Games for
Visually-Impaired Children," for my approved class project in Engineering
Design and Development. My team and I want to eventually create a fun and
engaging game for visually impaired children aged 5-10 that will help them
develop cognitive functions such as memory skills. Our team will use this
information with the engineering design process to design a real product
that can be used in classrooms or at home. Since our target audience is
visually impaired children, we need to know what features can be accessible
for them. We are advocating the improvement of the children's cognitive
skills so that they can use these skills independently later in life.

If you are interested in participating, and at least 18 years of age, please
go to this link:
https://tinyurl.com/Game-VI-Survey<https://tinyurl.com/Game-VI-Survey> and
fill out the survey. There is no compensation for your participation;
however, your cooperation is much appreciated. If you have any questions,
feel free to contact me at my email:
amyjoychina at gmail.com<mailto:amyjoychina at gmail.com>. Thank you for your
time!

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Blindness Initiatives
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221| lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>

                         [Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>     [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>     [Youtube]
<https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in
relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a
Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for
your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and
compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.