[NFBOH-Cleveland] FW: [Employment-Committee] FW: California Department of Rehabilitation - Employment Division Deputy Director Opening

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 01:15:32 UTC 2019

From: Employment-Committee <employment-committee-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Dick Davis via Employment-Committee
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2019 7:48 PM
To: Jobs for the Blind <jobs at nfbnet.org>; Rehabilitation Counselor Mailing List <rehab at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Dick Davis <ddavis at blindinc.org>; Private List for Employment Committee <employment-committee at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [Employment-Committee] FW: California Department of Rehabilitation - Employment Division Deputy Director Opening

Please apply if you are qualified.  Important job.  Or help others learn of this.

Dick Davis

Greetings!

My name is Michelle Davis and I am the Human Resources Chief for the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). We are looking to fill our Vocational Rehabilitation Employment Division (VRED) Deputy Director vacancy and I think your organization or professional network may have great candidates who could be a good fit for our department.

Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to join the executive team of the largest vocational rehabilitation provider in the United States! The DOR works in partnership with consumers, businesses, and stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living and equality for individuals with disabilities. The VRED Deputy Director leads the statewide teams that provides direct services to Californians with disabilities, including students as young as age fourteen, to help them meet their career goals. The Deputy Director works closely with internal and external stakeholders to maximize services and help California businesses to meet their talent needs.

At the DOR, we strive to ensure that our staff reflect the diversity of all Californians and recognize that having people with disabilities represented on our team strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. In particular, we are proactively striving to ensure that the communities we serve are reflected in our executive leadership, so individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply! For more information about the position and to apply, please clink the following link: DOR VRED Deputy Director <https://jobs.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=147372>

The deadline to receive applications is Friday, March 15, 2019.

Please feel free to share this announcement widely to your network! And if this sounds like an opportunity you may be interested in and you have any questions or can otherwise refer us quality colleagues, please contact me at Recruitment.ResourceMailbox at dor.ca.gov <mailto:Recruitment.ResourceMailbox at dor.ca.gov?subject=California%20Department%20of%20Rehabilitation%20-%20Deputy%20Director%20Vacancy%20Inquiry> .

I look forward to hearing from you!