[NFBOH-Cleveland] Please attend this meeting tonight

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 16:49:25 UTC 2019

From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Richard Payne
via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2019 11:41 AM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List' <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-talk] Reminder of the Officers meeting and agenda

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Officers Meeting agenda.

May 20, 2019
This meeting is for all officers and elected members of the affiliate.
You should call before 7:00 PM .

712/775/7031
code 240281423
	Call meeting to order. President Richard Payne
1.	Who's on the call.
2.	Opening remarks President Richard Payne
3.	Code of conduct.
4.	Updates from chapter presidents and division leaders.
5.	Open discussion about board meetings and the difficulties when
running meetings. Including getting members to subscribe to Ohio Talks
6.	Bell Academy Eric Duffy
7.	Fundraising and raising money for the NFBO.
8.	National convention Sheri Albers and president Payne
9.	Next year's Columbus seminar.
10.	Teamwork
One of the reasons that the National Federation of the Blind has become as
effective as it has is that we have refused to make our internal
disagreements public.  After a decision is made (whether by chapter, state
affiliate, or the national body), we expect all the members in that group to
support it.  We believe in full debate.  The group may choose to limit the
time of a debate, but it should give equal time to speakers on both sides of
the question.  When it is time to vote, the vote should be taken fairly, and
discussion should cease.
This is also true of elections.  I recommend that campaigns be kept short,
but this is not a requirement.  If a member or members disagree with a
president or other officer, they are free to support someone else at the
next election.  Even removal from office would be possible if problems
become serious enough.  However, after the election, we expect the winners
and losers and their supporters to proceed with the work of the
organization.  If someone is not willing to do this, we would rather that
the person reduces his or her level of activity than to be argumentative and
disruptive in meetings or between meetings.  Our members have liked this
policy and made it work.  Those who practice this kind of teamwork are more
likely to be leaders in the Federation.  This can be said even more
positively in a different context.  National Federation of the Blind members
respond well to requests for action.  We believe in the organization; we
believe in our leaders; we believe in the competence of the blind; we
believe in ourselves.  Thus, tens of thousands of NFB members are willing
and eager to work together nationally.  The stronger the chapter and the
stronger the state affiliate, the better the teamwork.  This is the nature
of the Federation, and this account's, in a very large measure, for our
success.
11.	theme   for the state convention.
12.	 Membership, Youngstown and onboarding Suzanne Turner and Dr. Peters
13.	incentive to encourage you to sell Jernigan Fund tickets.
14.	When selling tickets, please ask your affiliate members to put the
chapter name and state abbreviation on the back of the ticket.
15.	Other business
16.	Adjourn

Richard Payne,  President
937-396-5573or 937/829/3368