[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Announcements

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 20:29:07 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon Cleveland Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Ohio,

It is an honor to serve you and the entire state of Ohio; as well as blind
people all over the world. I am indeed grateful of the opportunity to be
your President once again. I know that we will assist, accomplish and
provide awareness to blind people and there families, promoting the
philosophy and mission of this organization. It is fitting that today is the
birthday of the National Federation of the Blind, that we start another 2
years journey of advocacy, outreach and compassion for those who need the
Cleveland Chapter.

Thus, the humanistic approach, in my opinion is the best way to reach
people. Empathy leads to understanding and stepping into ones shoes.
Therefore, I pledge to listen, be patient and use emotional intelligence
when working along-side of you and the community. Again, thank you for
trusting me and my abilities to be your President.

///

In our last night's meeting a couple of items were discuss and they are as
follows. If you have questions, please give me a call or shoot me an email.
Communication is key!

Please welcome Heather Ways to the Cleveland Chapter. We are so ecstatic to
have a new member who will offer the Chapter additional ideals, resources
and assistance. Welcome Heather!

Also, we were so happy to see Jim Weiss last night. He too is a great
addition to our Chapter. Jim we've missed you!

The 2020-2021  Executive Board of Cleveland was elected. These are your
officers,

President: Suzanne Turner,

Vice President: William Turner

Recording Secretary: Ali Benmerzouga

Treasurer: Natassha Ricks,

Board Member: Shirley Patterson

Please congratulate them all when you have an opportunity. Also, I will
appoint several Committees and Assignments that will enhance our efforts in
promoting awareness. Below is a list of opportunities that you might wish to
serve. Please review them and we will talk.