[NFBOH-Cleveland] Financing The Movement at the 73rd Annual State Convention

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 22:56:45 UTC 2019

Ohio Presidents, Divisions, Committees, Members and Individuals,

The National Federation of the Blind relies on the generosity of our
supporters and members promoting the mission to help blind people live the
lives we want. If you are not familiar with the work of the Federation, let
me provide insight. If it were not for people like you and others giving to
our causes as well as our purpose, we would not have the ability to provide,
free white canes, advocate for the rights of the blind, assist college
students with scholarships, contribute to the development of technology  and
more. While we're on the subject, for the last two years, my 2018 and 2019
Cleveland first-time members received the Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship Fund
to attend the National Convention. So, last year, I ensured that Cleveland
would give back a little of what we've received. We as a Chapter and some
individuals pay into the monthly PAC Plan. It is my understanding, that a
few Chapters have also paid into the PAC Plan for years, like the Greater
Lorain County Chapter and the Greater Miami Chapter as well. Congratulations
and thank you for the contributions! But, it is the Committee's hope this
year,  that all Ohio Chapters, Divisions, Committees, Members and
individuals will participate to join collectively and individually. The good
news is that anyone can provide a contribution. You do not have to be a
member of the organization.

We are counting on you!

Finally, for your convenience we will gladly take your information that will
provide contributions to the Funds of the National Federation of the Blind.
I will complete the PAC forms at the Convention. Also, I can assure you that
your private identifiable information will be secure and private by entering
the data online  at the website of pac at nfb.org.  Also, Colleen has beautiful
ribbons for those who contribute to the SUN Fund in the amount of $10 or
more.

These are ways you can give and help others. However, for more information,
please contact Sherry R, Colleen or Suzanne for assistance. Lastly, in
reference to The SUN Fund, contact Colleen Roth at Nhtnv52 at gmail.com
<mailto:Nhtnv52 at gmail.com> .

Note! If you are not attending the Convention and would like to contribute
to PAC, go to pac at nfb.org <mailto:pac at nfb.org>  and complete the online
form.

Thank you for all you do for the Blind everywhere!

The Committee on Financing The Movement

Sherry Ruth,

Babyruth2 at windstream.net

Colleen Roth,