[NFBOH-Cleveland] [Ohio-Talk] Contact Info for the Breakfast Club

Ali Benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 8 14:51:12 UTC 2019

Hello great family and friends,

Adding to the great discussion, in addition to all the proposed ways and
means to tackle the serious problem and how the guest, Charlemagne was
treated, I believe and suggest that it would be well received and handled if
the Show/Hosting person/company receives a formal letter/phone
conversation/interview  detailing the incident from our Affiliate President
and/or  a member of the Ohio Board of Directors and/or a representative from
the National Office.

Additionally,  we need to remember, that every obstacle is an opportunity
for us to educate the public, get them to our side and beliefs,  and
eradicate second class treatment that pop up every now and then from even
highly educated people.

Further, our goal when advocating, is to calmly and wisely reject the
misconception and at the same time educate people about us! Unfortunately,
although we are in the 21st Century, Many many people know nothing about us
due to many misconceptions about blind people. This is clearly shown in the
repetition of the same misconceptions and misunderstanding since 1940
although a lot of information is there about us in all types of media,
literature, blind achievements, Internet, NFB advocacy at all levels, etc.
Dear members, a lot of patience, work and wisdom are continuously expected
from us!

Moreover, these Radio/TV Host personality have many followers and listeners,
they don't want to be contradicted or rebuffed while running their Live
shows. They try to eat you up before saying two words. That is why, and this
is my own opinion, if anyone wants to be on these kind of programs/shows, he
or she has to be well mentored, prepared, laser focused, calm, informed,
knowledgeable about our NFB roles, achievements, policies, programs and
Legislative initiatives at all levels.

One final word please, as our NFB President, Mark Riccobono instructed us
lately (July 2019,) It would be much appreciated, well-handled and of great
impact, when anyone of us would like to deal or speak on behalf of the NFB
in any of the shows, researches, programs and initiatives   in any way,
shape or form to carefully plan and Coordinate with the Chapter's President
and/or Affiliate President and/or Board of Directors/Executives.

Thinking loud! Help me God!

Have a wonderful and blessed day y'all.

Ali Benmerzouga
Sunday 9/8/19.