[NFBOH-Cleveland] To All Ohio Members,

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:26:28 UTC 2020

To All Ohio Members,

As your President, I want to encourage you to take advantage of all of the
opportunities that the Ohio Affiliate has to offer. We are so fortunate to
have great leadership in the buckeye state. The work that we do at the state
level takes us one and all. It is "one team, one goal" that is the driving
force of who we are and what we stand upon. The programs and services at the
State Level has gone on for years, be it advocacy, Braille Literacy or a
Leadership Training, they are available to all members respectively.

As well, I am honored and privileged to work with such a experienced and
profound Board of Directors; and to be the President of Ohio. I also want
you to know that I stand with you during good times and the bad. Barriers
are often difficult, but as Dr. Jernigan said, "we know who we are and we
will never go back". We will not go Back to being discriminated in
restaurants and grocery stores during COVID-19. We will protect the rights
of our  blind Merchants. And, we will never go back to accepting
inaccessible governmental  documents, such as  important information on
COVID-19. Of course, I could go on and on with trials and tremulations.
However, I am proud of the National Federation of the Blind for continuing
to make a difference in the world from the local level, to the state level,
and to the national level. The work that we do demands conscious efforts
from all individuals within the team, including the leader.

In the last few months, Ohio has done a great job in keeping us connected,
informed and aware with interactive activities, media releases and
conference calls. Members have taken the lead on keeping us healthy, safe
and busy. For example, everyday, Ohio members call into the "Coffee Break
Check-In" conference call at 10:00 AM, which has been a great event for
members in neighboring Chapters to get to know one another and communicate
on how they are doing. Also, other Chapters have implemented similar
activities to keep members engaged and up-to-date on daily happenings as
well.

As you know, tonight, Wednesday evening; which is April 8th, Ohio will hold
a Leadership Training for all members across the state. The Leadership
Training is to offer tools and techniques for developing and attaining
leadership in the federation. Learning never stops and I am certain that we
all will fine tune our leadership skills. This also will be an opportunity
for members to ask questions about the NFB philosophy, NFB policies and the
NFB structure. Just last week, National President, Mark Riccobono expounded
on the NFB tag line of  "Living the Life you Want". He posed a question to
us all",  what does it mean to each of you as members, when you think about
the tag line"? Now, take a moment to think about this. If you do not have an
answer, I can promise that you will after tonight.

So, if you are a NFB member or a potential NFB member, you are invited to
attend this empowering Leadership Training tonight at 6:30 pm.

Call: 712-775-7031 and input code: 240281423.

Richard Payne, Ohio
Affiliate president
Live the life you want! Know body can stop you. Reach for the stars and
brake on through. So, you're blind, you'll be fine! We got good news! Live
the life you want! Because we know the truth!

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
blindness is not what holds you back