[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Chapter Updates for this week of April 13 to 17, 2020

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 20:13:47 UTC 2020

Cleveland Members,

I trust all is well and you are remaining at home for safety precautions.

If you need anything, please contact anyone on the Cleveland Executive Board for advisement.

As a reminder for this week of April 13, to April 17, 2020 read below all of the happening events.

/////,/////

First:

As your President, I am highly urging all Cleveland members to be present and join the Cleveland Chapter meeting on April seventeen , 2020 at 5:00 to 7:00 PM. We will use the, Ohio conference line. Why you ask? Well,  the reasoning is that neighboring Chapters are wanting to attend. It is said that the Cleveland Chapter is a great model for what a Chapter is to look like. Therefore, we want to make a great impression on Friday. I will be the primary host for the meeting; to ensure that background noise is limited.  Please call in 10 minutes prior, so that the meeting can start on time. I am requesting able members to assist our members with dialing in. Please extend an invitation to connect someone into the call. Essentially, using the buddy system. Note! Executive Board members are not expected to do this, due to their presentations on the agenda. If you are willing to assist, let me know!

Also, share with members who are not on email.

Call,

(712) 775-7031

Input code, 240281423

Date: Friday, April 17, 2020

Time: 4:50 PM

/////,/////

>From Cheryl Fields,

The Cleveland Sight Center Book Club, would like you to join them for a lively book discussion, on Tuesday, April 14, At 11:00 A.M. The book of the month is, Contact, by Carl Sagan. Call the Cleveland conference line at,

(605) 313-484

Input the code: 246345

For questions, call Cheryl at (216) 566-4317

/////,/////

Cheryl Fields, Chair, and the Ohio Community Service Committee, featured Gloria Conway and Suzanne Turner,  who presented tips on Amazon and Instacart ordering, has provided customer service telephone numbers for your convenience, so you can stay safe and healthy, in the comfort of your home. If you would like to order or find out more about Instacart and Amazon ordering,

call Amazon at,

Customer Service: 888-283-1678

To reach Instacart call,

Customer Service: 888-246-7822

/////,/////

Upcoming Colorado Events:

Monday, April 13, 7PM Eastern

Join Bonnie Barlow to learn the ins and outs of the art of audio description and hear her describe some awesome videos that are not typically available with audio  description.

Tuesday, April 14 7PM Eastern

Trauma and The Pandemic. Join Jodi Witthaus MSW for a powerful session. This workshop incorporates learning about the different types of trauma how to identify them, what trauma does to the brain, How to become resilient to trauma, And finishes up by learning different coping skills for traumatic events in your life.
This too shall pass

Wednesday, April 15 7PM Eastern

Workout Wednesday Pull up a chair and join us as we do the BlindAlive chair yoga workout together. This workout is great for all levels and does not require any equipment.

Thursday, April 16 7PM Eastern

Make a Mask

Learn how to make a mask that requires NO SEWING. You will need a pair of shoelaces and a bandanna or a piece of fabric about 20 x 20". This makes a mask that has several layers and is very secure on your head and face. It cinches up very tight so you don't have any loose areas.

Friday, April 17 7PM Eastern

Philosophy Friday

Join us to discuss  “Blindness-Handicap or Characteristic” By Kenneth Jernigan . This 1983  banquet address has become a cornerstone of the Federation Philosophy.  Read it ahead of time and come prepared with your comments and questions.

https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/publications/fr/fr02/issue4/f020401.html

Dial by your location       +

1-669-900-9128,,

ID: 5955066474

>From Dave Bertsch,

Our Greater Akron Chapter will hold its monthly meeting this Saturday April 18 at 11 a.m. on our conference line 515-604-9819 followed by code 531953. I hope you can join us on Saturday, so stay safe and healthy this week! Here again is our call-in number and code: 515-604-9819,,531953