[NFBOH-Cleveland] Important Update about Highbrook Lodge - Please Read!

Jenny Schaeffer JSchaeffer at ClevelandSightCenter.org
Mon Apr 13 15:36:49 UTC 2020

Hello Highbrook Community,
Please see attached (or read the plain text below) for our April 2020 newsletter. This newsletter is full of very important and new information about Highbrook Lodge's summer season - as we have made changes due to Covid19.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out via email at jschaeffer at clevelandsightcenter.org<mailto:jschaeffer at clevelandsightcenter.org> or call me at 216-658-4596.

Yours,
Jenny Schaeffer
Camp Manager

________________________________

Hello Highbrook Lodge Community,

We would like to update you and your family on Highbrook Lodge's summer 2020 contingency plan, given the current state of the Covid19 pandemic in Ohio.

Covid19 may likely necessitate that we all continue to practice some measures of social distancing - in one form or another - throughout the summer. And while we are hopeful that the current Stay-at-Home order instituted by the state of Ohio will be lifted soon, we also understand that there may be risks associated with congregating in large groups, especially those people with vulnerable health conditions.

We are therefore modifying our summer schedule to be in a better position to provide a safe environment for campers and staff.

Like many other camps across Ohio, we will be pushing back our opening day. We have made this decision by looking to the leaders in our industry, like the American Camp Association, and by thoughtfully considering the needs of our campers, staff, and their families.

We are hopeful that this change will allow us to open our season at a time when it is safe to do so. Due to this adjustment, some of our sessions will occur on different dates; some have been shortened; and others are canceled. While we are saddened that this season will not look like the ones that came before, we know that Highbrook Lodge will continue to play an incredible role in our lives this summer.

Modified 2020 Highbrook Schedule:

July 6-11:                             Preparation and Staff Training
July 13-17:                           Adult Week 1 (Celebration)
July 20-24:                           Adult Week 2  (Resort)
July 27-31:                           Youth Week 1
August 3-7:                         Youth Week 2
July 27-August 7:              Youth Extended
September 12-13:            Bright Futures Weekend

You'll notice that with the exception of Youth Extended, all of our sessions will be Monday through Friday. This will allow us to ensure that camp can be thoroughly cleaned between each session.

The following sessions have been canceled for our 2020 season:

  *   Youth Day Away (May 30)
  *   Recreation Day Trip (July 7)
  *   Support Group Day Trip (July 8)
  *   Working Adult Weekend (July 11-12)
  *   Leaders in Training (July 13-17 & July 20-24)
  *   Outdoor Adventure Camp (July 14-17)
  *   The Youth Week scheduled for July 20-24

What this means for you:

We still encourage you to spend a part of your summer with us! Please consider registering for camp if you have not already done so.

For those who have already RSVP'd or registered for Adult Celebration, Adult Resort, and Youth Extended - you do not need to do anything at this time unless you would like to cancel your enrollment.

For those of you who registered for a session that has been canceled, please let us know if you are interested in attending another session and we will make those adjustments for you.

Most importantly, if when the session you have chosen arrives, and you or someone in your household is sick or has been sick in the last 14 days with a fever greater than 100 degrees, please do not plan on attending that session.

This summer, all camp fees will be refundable if the reasons are Covid19 related. You can choose to receive a refund, apply the funds to next year, or make your payment a donation to sustain Highbrook Lodge.

And please understand also - this plan, just like the Covid19 situation, remains fluid. We are committed to sharing our plans with you and your family as they unfold. While things may change quickly moving forward, trust that these decisions are not being made flippantly. We - just like you - want camp to happen this summer. However, the health and safety of our community will continue to remain our first priority.

And finally, even though we are not able to come together as quickly as we'd like, Cleveland Sight Center is still here for you! Click here<https://clevelandsightcenter.org/sites/default/files/CSC%20Remote%20Services.pdf> to read about which of our services are currently being offered remotely. I also want to invite you to join our first-ever virtual campfire:

Camp BONDfire, April 16th at 7:00pm:
At Highbrook Lodge we love to end each night in Friendship Circle, our campfire spot. This Thursday, we will be hosting a Zoom hangout for all of our campers and former/current staff. We will sing songs and tell campfire stories from 7:00pm to 7:40pm, remotely.

You can either login via ZOOM or dial in by phone to join us.

Link:  https://zoom.us/j/978699740?pwd=NEZ1TmlNOGs5NnhqY1dhTjhZUGN3dz09
Meeting ID: 978 699 740
Password (ONLINE): 403 384

Dial in number:  (929) 205- 6099
Meeting ID: 978 699 740

As always, if you have any questions or concerns - please contact me by phone (216) 658-4596 or email (jschaeffer at clevelandsightcenter.org<mailto:jschaeffer at clevelandsightcenter.org>).

Thank you, and have a great day.

Cleveland Sight Center is committed to serving our clients. While our main offices are currently closed to the public, service delivery continues remotely when possible. Please contact us at 216-791-8118 or info at clevelandsightcenter.org<mailto:info at clevelandsightcenter.org> if we can be of service.

Our Mission: To empower people with vision loss to realize their full potential and to shape the community's vision of that potential.

This email including any attachments, is private and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain copyrighted, confidential, protected healthcare information and or privileged information otherwise protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail and destroy all copies of the original message.