[NFBOH-Cleveland] FW: [Ohio-Talk] Give $20 Campaign

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 17:50:32 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Richard Payne
via Ohio-Talk
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 7:15 AM
To: 'NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List' <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] Give $20 Campaign

Give $20 Campaign

Each year, thousands of Federation members purchase raffle tickets or make
donations during national convention to various funds that support blind
people.

In 2020, your generosity is still needed to fund our great programs. When
you give $20 or more between May 15 and July 18 noon ET, you will be entered
into the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Drawing to win the following:

*	Round-trip transportation for two for the 2021 NFB National
Convention
*	Hotel at the convention
*	Registration and banquet tickets for two
*	$1,000 in walking-around cash

This drawing will be to support the following funds:

*	Kenneth Jernigan Fund: The proceeds from this fund are used to bring
a number of attendees to their first national convention. It is named for
Dr. Jernigan who planned our conventions for more than forty years and who
did so much to make them what they are today.
*	SUN Fund: These funds are being set aside in the event that they are
needed to support the Federation during difficult times.
*	White Cane Fund: These dollars go directly to the general treasury
of the Federation.
*	tenBroek Fund: These dollars go to the tenBroek Memorial Fund which
owns the property at 200 East Wells at Jernigan Place in Baltimore for the
benefit of blind people.

More Chances to Win!

Each $20 donation is a chance to win. Your name will be placed in the
drawing for each increment of $20 you give. Give $100 and you will be
entered into the drawing five times.

How to Contribute and Qualify

You must specify a fund in order to be entered into the drawing. You can do
this either in the "Contribution Note" field in our online donation form or
in the memo if giving by check. Choose one of the following funds: Kenneth
Jernigan Fund, SUN Fund, White Cane Fund, or the tenBroek Fund. Your
donation will be counted for the drawing regardless of which fund you
designate.

*	Donate online now <https://www.nfb.org/donate> .
*	Donate via phone by calling our donation line at 410-659-9314 and
selecting option 4 to donate.
*	Send a check to National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute,
200 East Wells Street Baltimore, MD 21230. Be sure to have #NFB20 and the
fund you are donating to in the memo.

Note: The drawing is for individuals and is not intended for contributions
by divisions, state affiliates, or chapters.

The winner of the drawing will be announced July 18, 2020 at the banquet.

Help us share the

Richard Payne,  President

937/829/3368

 <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com> Rchpay7 at gmail.com