[NFBOH-Cleveland] Highbrook Lodge Important Announcement

Jenny Schaeffer JSchaeffer at ClevelandSightCenter.org
Tue May 12 15:11:59 UTC 2020

Hello Highbrook Community,
Please see attached for a very important announcement from the Highbrook Lodge team.  Or, you can scroll down below for a plain-text version of the content attached.

Thank you,
Jenny Schaeffer
Camp Manager
jschaeffer at clevelandsightcenter.org<mailto:jschaeffer at clevelandsightcenter.org> | (216) 658 4596

________________________________
Dear Highbrook Lodge Community,
With very heavy hearts and thoughtful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Highbrook Lodge's 2020 residential summer season.

After careful review of the information available to us regarding the Covid-19 pandemic, it has become clear that the Coronavirus poses too great a risk within our camp's unique environment at this time.

We understand and share your disappointment with this news. For the past 92 summers, Highbrook Lodge has been a place that enriches the lives of all who join us in friendship and play. And in doing so, we have established a strong, healthy, and happy community full of dedicated campers, devoted staff, and countless friends who support our work. And while we cannot be together physically this summer at camp, we know that our extraordinary community will continue to be a flashlight in the dark.

Please know, Highbrook Lodge remains committed to nurturing our vibrant, multi-generational community and enriching the lives of people living with vision loss and blindness. We are eager to share all of the ways that we are planning on supporting our community while we are physically apart and we will be in touch with more updates soon.

We are very much looking forward to the day we can be together again, on the beautiful grounds of
Highbrook Lodge. As our closing campfire song reminds us, "This is goodnight and not goodbye."

Yours,

Jenny Schaeffer
Camp Manager

Highbrook @ Home

The Highbrook Lodge team is working diligently to develop a variety of virtual and telephonic activities that capture the spirit of our camp. We strongly encourage you or your camper to sign-up for these at-home activities when we officially open enrollment later this month.

Please know that this new project is still unfolding. We will be sure to share more information with you and your family as these new plans take shape.

In order to help us better understand how and in what ways we can provide virtual programming for each of our campers, we are asking that everyone participate in our virtual programming survey, using this link: https://bit.ly/35G9Cre

We encourage you to take the survey even if you or your camper are not interested in virtual programming. We will use this survey to determine how we will approach alternative programming and what type of technology assistance is required.

Updates will be available on our website and Facebook, too: Clevelandsightcenter.org/highbrook-lodge and Facebook.com/HighbrookLodge

Payments already made to the 2020 season?

You may choose to receive a refund, apply the funds to the 2021 season, or convert your payment a donation to sustain Highbrook Lodge. The camp team will be in contact with you shortly if you have made a payment for the 2020 summer season.

Cleveland Sight Center is committed to serving our clients. While our main offices are currently closed to the public, service delivery continues remotely when possible. Please contact us at 216-791-8118 or info at clevelandsightcenter.org<mailto:info at clevelandsightcenter.org> if we can be of service.

Our Mission: To empower people with vision loss to realize their full potential and to shape the community's vision of that potential.

This email including any attachments, is private and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain copyrighted, confidential, protected healthcare information and or privileged information otherwise protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return mail and destroy all copies of the original message.