[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Updates

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 03:18:29 UTC 2020

Good Evening Cleveland Members,

I hope you are safe, healthy and well!

Happy Memorial Weekend. Please remember our soldiers who have provided
security, independence and protection for America with their unselfish
service and honor. Without them, our country would not be the land of the
free.

///

I want to extend a thank you to those Cleveland members who have submitted
names to Adopt A High School or College Senior. Please note that you can
jointly adopt the three students that currently have profiles. If you would
like to add your name to the list of Cleveland members, please send me a
text or email. Soon additional names of students will become available.

///

Also, thank you to the Cleveland members who wrote wonderful heartfelt
messages to our Veterans who are hospitalized at the MLK Jr. VA Hospital. I
am sure that the cards and messages will lift their spirits.

///

As our Cleveland Treasurer reported at the May Chapter meeting, please send
your dues to Natassha Ricks at her address. Give her a call to notify that
they are on the way as well. Here is her mailing address. Dues are $15.00
for the year.

Natassha Ricks

6980 Ladd Lane

Maple Heights, OH 44137

Tel: (216) 376-9863

///

Attention! Attention! Attention!

Starting on Tuesday May 26, 2020, the Check In Coffee Break Conference Call
will now be on the Zoom platform. Below is the link, one tap mobile and
telephone numbers to call. Please join the call every day from 10:00 AM to
10:30 AM EDT. Please spread the word!

///

If you have not registered for the National Federation of the Blind 2020
National Convention, please due. The deadline is June 15, 2020. Also, if you
do not have an email address, you can complete a Pdf form and submit it to
the National Office. Click on the link

WWW.NFB.ORG <http://WWW.NFB.ORG>  and select 2020 Convention to register.

Note: We need all of Ohio registered!

///

Please make a note of the Ohio Events below:

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Events for May 24, 2020 thru June
8, 2020

Sunday, May 24, 2020

4:00 PM EDT - Encouraging Power

Join NFB of Ohio as we offer members an opportunity to come together to lift
spirits and give thanks. Members can participate  with expressions of
inspirational words, through poetry, encouraging thoughts, songs and prayer.
If you would like to submit your name to perform, please contact Joann
Williams at (216) 229-4733.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

6:30 PM EDT. - Residential/State Schools for the blind, Resource Rooms, and
or Itinerant Teaching

Join in on a discussion with NFB of Ohio, as we visit; which educational
instruction was received by members. We will hear from Adelmo Vigil,
National Board Member and New Mexico Affiliate president expound on his
experiences as a blind student in the public school system and then
attending a state residential school for the blind. We will also  welcome
participants accounts on "what is the most appropriate placement for today's
blind, visually impaired and deaf/blind children?" Although, there is no
right or wrong answer, this interaction proves to be most fascinating.

Thursday, May 28, 2020

7:00 PM EDT. - Happy Hour

Get Ready! Get Ready! Get Ready!

HAPPY Hour every Thursday at 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM  EDT. With NFB of Ohio on
Zoom.

Come and "ease on down the road" with Ohio as we reminisce on music from our
favorite  movies and theater productions.

Don't forget your favorite drink! Invite others to join the party!

   Friday, May 29, 2020

6:30 P.M. EDT. - Dinner and a Movie

Join NFB of Ohio, as we introduce a documentary, called "Reflecting the
Flame: Passing the Torch". This great piece of works speaks to Dr. Maurer's
Presidency; as a prominent leader and a distinguished force in the
organization. We will introduce him to new members and reacquaint him with
others by participating with the movie.

So, grab a snack or dinner and come dine with Ohio!

Tuesday, June  2, 2020

7:00 PM EDT.

Every state has a State Rehabilitation Council (SRC.) What is it? What
should consumers expect from it? What should the rehabilitation agency
expect from it?  Get the answers to these questions and more. Featured
presenter David  DeNotaris, Master Motivator and Dean of Self-Esteem!

Speaker, Author, Trainer  Consultant, former state agency Director, and
Federationist.

Monday, June 8, 2020

4:00 PM to 5:30PM EDT. - " Loving Through A Window"

Join NFB of Ohio for a transparent and honest conversation on "Loving
Through A Window".

This heartfelt discussion will address social distancing experiences between
adults and children during the pandemic.

As visitations are limited, emotions are strained because of little physical
interactions. Thus, that hug and embrace from your little one or a
face-to-face conversation with a grandparent who is in a nursing home.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,4081850851# US (New York)

+13017158592,,4081850851# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)