[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland's Sentiments To the Veterans

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 22:18:45 UTC 2020

Cleveland,

As you are aware, today is Memorial Day and we celebrate our veterans who
have served the country with their sweat, tears and lives. It is because of
their commitment that we are in the land of the hope, free and the brave.
The flag fly's high on the poles and it proudly blows in the wind throughout
America, symbolizing liberty, justice and security. Although, it is red,
white and blue; it is the collective force of our military that stands
together in attention protecting us.

Please do not forget our Veterans, as this day slowly ticks toward an ending
of the day. We still have sons and daughters fighting abroad on our behalf.
Prayer and good thoughts are needed, in hope that they will return home
safely!

In addition, I want you to know, that I am so elated to know that Cleveland
cares for one another, in the Chapter and those in the community. You all
are in a class by yourselves. A class of honor, selflessness and generosity.

As your President, you make my job easy and quite rewarding. With that said,
I have pasted below your sentiments that will be inserted into the
inspirational cards, that will  be distributed to the Vets at the VA
Hospital. They will be delivered tomorrow.

Also, inserted in the inspirational cards will be a Braille card; in hopes
of a little distraction as they are convalescing.

Thank you again for all you do for others!

Read below!

I also will post these on our Facebook page to salute the Military
Facebookers!

Suzanne

///

Dear Veteran,

Please know that you are appreciated and recognize as someone who has
protected our freedom. You have demonstrated what is said in John 15:13
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his
friends". You have given our country your time, life, energy, and love.  I
am grateful that you have excepted the responsibility to defend America and
uphold our values when duty called.  Thank you for your service.

Delcenia, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Hello, My name is William,

First, I want to thank you for your service to our country! It is because of
veterans like yourself that we enjoy the freedoms that we have. I also want
to take this opportunity to encourage you during this difficult time. We
rely on the strength of veterans like yourself, to get us through this
difficult time. I want you to stay strong, and please know that you are not
forgotten.

My prayers will be with you and your family. Thanks again for your service!

William H. T. Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

                I cannot thank you enough for the time and sacrifices you
gave to protect our country. The countless hours you spent away from your
family and loved ones to defend our home front. You answered the call that
so many of us courageously could not do. You bore the battle with all the
sweat, tears and blood that was shed. The wounds and injuries that you
sustained will always be a reminder of your heroism, loyalty, and dedication
to our country.

I wish you well during this time in your life. You will make it through
healthier and stronger than ever before.

Take care and thank you for your service!

Sign Alexis, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

Between a million yesterdays and a million tomorrows, there is only one
today. And I cannot let it pass without telling you I'm thinking of you!

Thank you for your service!

Danielle F, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

I hope this card finds you in good spirits and doing well.

Your service means so much to me, Thank you for your service and commitment!

God Bless You and America!

Cheryl, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

Sometimes it's easy to forget all the people who appreciate you as you go
through a stressful time. I want you to know that I am glad to tell you
thank you for your service and sunnier days are coming.

Wishing You All the Best,

Cheryl, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Amazing Veterans,

I am sending this letter to thank you for your service. I would also like to
encourage you to stay positive in this Global pandemic. My name is Sharon, I
am a member of the National Federation of the Blind. I am also a child of a
veteran. My father is a veteran and currently my sister, brother, and sister
are taking good care of him.

Though, we are all shut in, we are taking this time to re-learn each other
and just spend time together doing activities and positive engagement. I
encourage you to do the same. It is time for us to re-learn each other and
grow in our faith. I want you to take care and stay positive.

Thank you!

Sharon, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

Thank you for your service!

Please know that your unwavering commitment to our country and the United
States citizens is deeply appreciated.  It is hard time to be in the
hospital when you must be separated from friends, loved ones, and even
health care workers.  Please know that I am wishing you comfort, peace, and
recovery.  I am thinking of you and uplifting you in prayer.

With warmest regards,

Sandy, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

My name is Gloria and I am a member of the national Federation of the blind
Cleveland Ohio chapter.

My husband served in the Navy during the Vietnam era. We used to enjoy going
to Golden corral on Veterans Day where they would treat us to a free meal
and my husband would frequently receive notes from various people thanking
him for his service. He always enjoyed receiving those little messages.

I hope you will enjoy receiving this one. As I thank you for your service. I
am not a poet, so don't laugh too loud as I send you this ditty if it's
allowed.

So, I am sending a message of good wishes and cheer, though I'm sure we
would rather be together sharing a beer!

The winters been gloomy and we've not had much sun.
Even my dogs are bored and my parrots are glum.
But warmer weather is coming, longer days have begun.
So I'm sending you wishes for much summer fun!
Where ever you are on this journey called life
No matter if easy or if filled with strife
Know that someone out here is thinking of you there
Sending heartfelt wishes, good thoughts and a prayer
That your heart may be lightened with love, joy and hope
And you find some comfort in this little note.

Peace and blessings!

Gloria, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Honorable Veteran,

Thank you for your service and dedication to me and the country.

I want to let you know that you are not forgotten. It is because of you that
America has rights and freedom. I am also praying for you and your fellow
brothers and sisters who are committed to service.

You have devoted years of your life to training for combat and defending our
country. Without you and your fellow soldiers, we would not have the freedom
we do. Your selfless actions are heroic, noteworthy and substantial.

Thank you for the gift of peace!

Thank you for the gift of independence!

Thank you for your courage and untiring work on our behalf!

I cannot thank you enough!

It is a wonderful feeling that I share with you that I am honored to send
this note of gratitude! Please stay positive and God bless you!

Suzanne, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

I am Joann and a member of the National Federation of the Blind of
Cleveland.

Thank you for your service!

I pray that all is well with you!

I know that sometimes, hospitalization can be lonely, but you are never
alone. I and fellow Americans are blessed and privileged because of you.
Thank you for all you have done for me and our country.

I am sending good wishes and prayers up to heaven to bring you peace, love,
and healing.

I will continue to pray for your family and fellow officers!

God bless you! And, God bless America!

Joann, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

Thank you for the services that you've render on behalf of our country.

There are no words to express my gratitude for what you have sacrificed for
me and the United States and abroad.

Wishing you hope, peace, and love!

God bless you and thank you!

Billie, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

More than just a citizen you are a defender and valuable member of the very
glue that holds our country together. We appreciate your sacrifice for our
freedom. Thank you so very much for your point in time and continuing
bravery!!!

Thank you!

Ali, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

I am so elated to write to you and hope you are doing well!

Thank you for serving the American home front. We are safer, stronger and
have harmony, because of you and your fellow officers protecting us.

As you recover, I am praying for healing, strength, and renewal. I know that
you will continue to provide for citizens in any capacity that is deemed in
your life. I feel safe and secure from the work that you provided and is to
come.

   Take care and again thank you for all that you do and for all that you
are!

Danielle T, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

Thank you for your service!

I am related to a retired SOLDIER, WHO is my son. He  served in the army.

I also want you to know that the military has a special place in my heart.

May God continue to open the heavens and poor you out blessing!

You are never forgotten!

Shirley, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

Thank you for your service!

I want to share with you, that I have a granddaughter who served in the
Navy; who was on the Ronald Reagan Submarine. She had a four-year tour. I am
so proud of her serving our country. I am celebrating her as well as you
today!

Also, I am so grateful for the military's commitment for protecting the
country; as I am equally honored to write to you this day that honor all
officers.

Prayers are going up to heaven on your behalf. I am also hoping that you
have a speedy recovery.

May God bless you all!

Theresa, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///

Dear Veteran,

Thank you for your service!

Also thank you for your bravery, courage and commitment to defending our
nation.

Consequently,  I have several family members who has  SERVVED in the
Marines, Airforce and Army. They served the country proudly, as I know you
have as well.

Please keep your spirits up and I am praying that you have a short
hospitalization.

God Bless you and know I am sending good thoughts your way!

Regina, Member from the National Federation of the Blind of Cleveland

///