[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Updates

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 00:44:25 UTC 2020

Cleveland Members,

I hope you have been taking advantage of the beautiful weather we've been
having. However, you know what is coming very soon. I won't say it. But, it
is white.

Well, we are growing closer to our Ohio Convention. I hope that you are
ready for an exciting and informative virtual experience. Many have been
working hard and looking forward to wonderful opportunities.

Cleveland, please keep Cecil, Davette, Annie, Rosa and Sarah in your
thoughts and prayers. Also, Owen is requesting prayer for his friend who has
the virus. He would like you to keep him in your prayers as he is having
difficulty adjusting to problematic life changing events.

Members, keep continuing to use social distancing, wash your hands and wear
a mask. We need you and do not let your gard down. We are in a pandemic and
as I understand, we are in for a second rising of illnesses.

As a friendly reminder, Cleveland will have our annual monthly meeting this
Friday, October 16, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. We will meet on the Ohio Zoom
Platform. Our Affiliate President, Richard Payne has graciously allowed
Chapters to use this network. We are so honored, familiar and prepared for
any meetings on Zoom, because he has opened it up to all.

Speaking of Zoom calls, our President has invited the entire Affiliate to a
Zoom call tomorrow evening at 6:30 PM. This is Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
Please be on time and present. There will be a few surprises that you do not
want to miss.

William who is the Nominating Chair for the Cleveland Chapter has emailed
information on the Cleveland's election process. There are two board seats
open. If you've paid your dues for 2020 and would like to run, please let
him know by calling 330-328-9863. If you would like to nominate someone, you
must consult them first and let William know by calling him or nominating
them from the floor.

Members, dues are still due for 2020. I will have a discussion on this at
our meeting that will include 2021. You can send in your dues to Natassha
Ricks at

6980 Ladd Lane,

Maple Heights, Ohio 44137

Please call her when you mail your dues at 216-376-9863.

The Ohio Senior Division is still taking funds for a drawing at the Ohio
Convention. You can pay 10 dollars for your name to be put into a drawing.
Each ten dollars you pay, that many times your name will go into a drawing.
Send your funds to Gloria Conway at

16008 Evening Star Avenue

Maple Heights, Ohio 44137

Please give her a call that the funds are on the way at 772-882-1654

If you have any questions, please give me a call.

Suzanne Turner

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Affiliate Vice President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.