[NFBOH-Cleveland] Helpful Resources for Cuyahoga County Residents

Cheryl Fields cherylelaine1957 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 18:29:04 UTC 2020

Resources:

Hello Fellow Federationist,

The August Cleveland chapter meeting was filled with information and
community resources that may save you some cash and assist you with
living the life you want. It is a lot to remember so, everything is
posted below for your convenience.
If you know of additional resources, contact Cheryl with the information.

Thanks for attending and we look forward to meeting you in the NFB
Zoom room on  September 18th!

You may order, carry out restaurant food, grocery delivery and
everything from soup to nuts with Amazon. Using your telephone
however, you need to create an on line account before these companies
will fill your orders.
Once the on line account is in operation, just call:
Door Dash: 855-300-8985

Instacart: To order groceries and have them delivered to your door.
1-888-246-7822

Amazon: To order everything from A to Z and have it delivered to your door.

Note: Remember to use Amazon Smile for Ohio Federation of the Blind
and Amazon will make a donation to the affiliate.

Other Programs:

Senior Options 216-420-6700

Social Security-Extra Help with Medicare premiums 1-800-772-1213

For homeowners, apply for discounted property taxes, the Homestead Exemption.
Forms and criteria can be found on line at: isc.cuyahogacounty.us or
call: 216-443-7050 for additional information.

The Cleveland Water Department has two discount programs, Homestead
Discount Program and the Cleveland Affordability Program. Additional
information may be found on line, to apply: CHN, Cleveland Housing
Network Housing Partners: 216-774-2349.

The North East Ohio Regional Sewer District offers the Summer
Sprinkler Program. This provides a discount on sewer bills to
qualified homeowners. Call:  Customer Service: 216-881-8247.

HEAP, Home Energy Assistance Program, can assist with electric and gas
bills. For additional information and eligibility call: 216-350-8008.

Lifeline : The federal Communications Commission has authorized
Discounted Telephone Rates for low income individuals, Lifeline
Program. For additional information is available through your landline
carrier.

The Cleveland Housing Network is a great resource. Pandemic Rental
assistance is now available as well as other programs for individuals
and homeowners. To inquire about programs, call: 216-574-7100.

Hope this helps….

Live the Life You Want!

Cheryl E. Fields

216-566-4317

I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the National
Federation of
the Blind because my expectations are raised, my contributions make a
difference to
me and to others, and I can celebrate the realization of my dreams with my
Federation family.

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will
never sit.
--D. Elton Trueblood