[NFBOH-Cleveland] The Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Blind/Low Vision/Visually Impaired Students and Their Parents/Guardians

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:42:49 UTC 2021

Please do not respond to this string.

Please participate or Share!

///

The Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Blind/Low Vision/Visually Impaired
Students and Their Parents/Guardians

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO) wants to know about the
experiences of families of visually impaired and blind students during
COVID-19 in our state. We have created a survey to help determine how
students have been impacted and to help guide future decisions regarding
virtual instruction. We also want to hear of any new techniques that
students have developed during virtual learning.

If you are a BVI student (K-12), or you are the parent/teacher/guardian of a
BVI student (K-12), we want to hear from you!

Please fill out  <https://forms.gle/qQGfgxdfXA5pSP859> this survey by
October 1, 2021. The results of the survey will be shared at the NFB of Ohio
State Convention November 5-7, 2021, at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Columbus.  <https://nfbohio.org/> nfbohio.org

Examples of factors that could have been affected during the pandemic
include (but are not limited to)

*	Internet access and reliability
*	Individualized Educational Plan (IEP)
*	Modes of transportation
*	Virtual platforms where class content is posted (Schoology, Google
Classroom, Blackboard, etc.)
*	Availability of resources (such as braille, large print, access
technology, instructors, etc.)
*	Teaching style (in person, online, hybrid)
*	Level of participation in class activities (science labs, group
discussions, etc.)
*	Virtual platforms where class is conducted (Zoom, Skype, Google
Meet, etc.)
*	Roles of parents and caregivers (supporting student technology and
accessibility needs)

Please complete the  <https://forms.gle/qQGfgxdfXA5pSP859> Google Form
survey by October 1, 2021 at:  <https://forms.gle/Bq2hqnsTjn4dxnCK8>
forms.gle/Bq2hqnsTjn4dxnCK8

For any questions about the survey and for more information about the NFB of
Ohio Education Committee, please contact:

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Affiliate Vice President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

 <mailto:smturner.234 at gmail.com> smturner.234 at gmail.com

Resources: