[NFBOH-Cleveland] Week in Review: COVID-19 Updates from Cleveland City Hall

smturner.234 at gmail.com smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 17:52:31 UTC 2021

From: Mayor Frank G. Jackson <mayorjacksonupdates at city.cleveland.oh.us>
Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:00 AM
To: smturner.234 at gmail.com
Subject: Week in Review: COVID-19 Updates from Cleveland City Hall

 <https://mailchi.mp/68311ff223a4/what-you-should-know-about-coronavirus-1394960?e=df1345ce9c> View this email in your browser

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=a692794070&e=df1345ce9c>

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=02b84d8dff&e=df1345ce9c> Share

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=cbada331e0&e=df1345ce9c>

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=6d33dae9ec&e=df1345ce9c> Tweet

 <http://us18.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=0700727f48&e=df1345ce9c>

 <http://us18.forward-to-friend.com/forward?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=0700727f48&e=df1345ce9c> Forward

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=c7fd0bec4f&e=df1345ce9c>

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=78a638127e&e=df1345ce9c> Share

  <https://mcusercontent.com/c32af0a484556d79233f28353/images/b293732d-d8a1-4004-b485-d642a422e875.png>

Coronavirus Prevention & Response: Week in Review

  <https://mcusercontent.com/c32af0a484556d79233f28353/images/e7c620d1-87aa-49bc-86f1-4208abcbd3d1.png>

  Dear Residents,

I want to invite you to join me for a virtual briefing on Tuesday, January 12 at 2 p.m. where I will discuss the COVID-19 vaccine and related updates. During the Facebook Live event, I will take questions from members of the media and the general public as time allows. To join the livestreamed event, visit the City of Cleveland's  <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=9d44ee5362&e=df1345ce9c> Facebook page.

As we continue Phase 1a of our COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan, I want to remind you all that the coronavirus still poses a serious threat to the health and safety of our community and loved ones. It is essential that all residents continue using caution by wearing a mask, frequent hand washing, maintaining six feet of social distance and staying home when possible.

Here are some of the important announcements made this week:

*	Jan. 6:  A new COVID-19 testing site is now open at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport that  provides travelers, visitors, and airport staff with their results, delivered to their phone, in as little as 15 minutes. Testing is voluntary and not required by Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. For more information, view our FAQ sheet  <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=2f866fa13c&e=df1345ce9c> here.
*	Jan. 7: In early April 2020, the City of Cleveland deferred and ultimately forgave the April, May and June rental payments for West Side Market (WSM) tenants in an effort to help further mitigate our tenants’ financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic. The work to improve the market continues despite the challenges presented during our collective pandemic experience. Changes underway at the WSM include updated vendor booths, arcade doors and entrance improvements, new electrical services, meet prep room renovations, clock tower repairs and more. For more details,  <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=18f38cdbc9&e=df1345ce9c> click here.
*	Jan. 7: The Department of Public Health continued administering the COVID-19 vaccine to individuals identified within Phase 1a of its distribution plan, including healthcare workers, long-term care facility residents/staff and other congregate facilities- staff and residents. A total of 660 vaccines were administered to Phase 1a individuals as well as some essential City of Cleveland workers. As of January 7, an additional 580 people were vaccinated and an additional 400+ individuals are anticipated to be vaccinated by the end of this week. Next week, the City will begin efforts to vaccinate individuals in congregate living facilities and will activate a mobile Point of Distribution to vaccinate individuals in congregate living facilities who have mobility challenges.

On Jan. 14, 2021, I will administer the oath of office to five Cleveland Division of Police Patrol Officers promoted to the rank of Sergeant. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing guidelines, this event is closed to the public and can be viewed on the City of Cleveland’s  <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=882466e217&e=df1345ce9c> Facebook page. View the bios of those being promoted  <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=b263402512&e=df1345ce9c> here.

As a reminder, the 2021 City of Cleveland Division of Waste Bulk Pick-Up Calendar is now available. In addition to bulk pick-up dates, the calendar includes information about proper waste set out. To view and download the calendar,  <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=aa8f097df4&e=df1345ce9c> click here.

As of January 7, there are 20,292 confirmed cases and 186 fatalities attributed to coronavirus in the City of Cleveland. As the number of positive coronavirus cases continue to increase, I urge you to do your part to decrease the number of hospitalizations, curb fatalities and slow the spread.

Thank you and stay safe,

  <https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c32af0a484556d79233f28353/images/e4b58c5d-2728-4fa1-89ed-5083e467619a.png>
Frank G. Jackson, Mayor
City of Cleveland

Prevention & Response Information

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=6909e99680&e=df1345ce9c> CDC Website

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=32f45e573a&e=df1345ce9c> State of Ohio Website

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=58cf0ab3c0&e=df1345ce9c> Sign Up for CodeRed Alerts

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=96e5624fd6&e=df1345ce9c> Cleveland Department of Public Health

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=2145d906e6&e=df1345ce9c>

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=37588e0d06&e=df1345ce9c>

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=30057b07ef&e=df1345ce9c>

 <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=6697b99164&e=df1345ce9c>

Copyright © 2020 City of Cleveland. All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
601 Lakeside Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44114

  <https://clecityhall.us18.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=c32af0a484556d79233f28353&id=0700727f48&e=df1345ce9c>