[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Chapter Update

Owen McCafferty ojmccaf1963 at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 23:05:05 UTC 2021

I’ll be out in Florida. I won’t be back until May 22nd. Sorry about that.
Owen

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, May 14, 2021, 5:48 PM, Suzanne Turner via NFBOH-Cleveland <nfboh-cleveland at nfbnet.org> wrote:

<!--#yiv8543754285 _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv8543754285 #yiv8543754285 p.yiv8543754285MsoNormal, #yiv8543754285 li.yiv8543754285MsoNormal, #yiv8543754285 div.yiv8543754285MsoNormal {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv8543754285 a:link, #yiv8543754285 span.yiv8543754285MsoHyperlink {color:#0563C1;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv8543754285 p.yiv8543754285MsoPlainText, #yiv8543754285 li.yiv8543754285MsoPlainText, #yiv8543754285 div.yiv8543754285MsoPlainText {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv8543754285 span.yiv8543754285EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;color:windowtext;}#yiv8543754285 span.yiv8543754285PlainTextChar {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv8543754285 .yiv8543754285MsoChpDefault {font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;} _filtered {}#yiv8543754285 div.yiv8543754285WordSection1 {}-->
Good Evening Members,

I hope you are well and enjoying the cool season. It will be hot very soon.

On May 21, 2021 at 5:00 EDT. We will hold our annual monthly meeting. We will meet on the Ohio Zoom Room. The link and telephone numbers are below!

We will have a few guests at the Chapter meeting. Jordy Stringer will present to us on the 2021 Ohio Scholarship. Also, we will meet Mrs. Martin-Thompson who was instrumental in assisting persons with disabilities to be vaccinated.

Announcements:

 1:

Details:

The monthly Sharing Solution for Vision Loss Conference Call will be held on  Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 7:00 PM EDT. We will use the Ohio Conference line,

712-775-7031 with access code: 240281423.

This month is Mental Health Awareness Month. So we will welcome a speaker who will address Good Mental Health.

This topic will prompt a discussion on Coping with Stress and Anxiety. As you know, the pandemic has left many stressed and afraid. Not only that, we are still  unable to see loved ones such as our grandchildren or family members who are in nursing homes. That type of separation is quite difficult and can be very lonely for both parties.

 Please spread the word and join the Ohio Senior Division this Sunday. This event is open to all. You do not have to be a member to attend.

2:

Details:

On May 19, 2021 at 7:00, the Mentoring and Outreach Workgroup will hold a forum on Social Justice for Persons with Disabilities. Several Cleveland Officer will talk about the best practices for what to do and what not to do when you are encountered by a police who is not familiar with the white cane and other auxiliaries that we use as blind citizens. This event is open to all. It is not a Black or White thing, it is a persons with disabilities thing. It also will be on the Ohio Zoom Room.

3:

Details:

On May 31, the registration for the 2021 National Convention will close, please visit NFB.ORG and register. As a note, you must read the code of conduct prior to registering. However, we as a Chapter will review the document to ensure that everyone has reviewed it

If you need assistance with registering, please reach out to me.

4:

Details:

Hello everyone, the Houston chapter of the NFB of Texas is hosting its first-ever virtual fund-raiser on June 5, 2021 at 2 PM Central time. The following is the information taken from the registration page.

Come join the Houston Chapter of the NFB of Texas for its first-ever virtual BINGO fund-raising tournament! Whether you want to play or simply want to watch, it will be a fun time for all. Everyone is welcome! You do not even have to live in Houston to come play with us. For added convenience, prizes will be given in the form of gift cards.