[NFBOH-Cleveland] NFB Cleveland Action Items!

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 00:18:50 UTC 2021

Cleveland Members,

First,

I want to thank you for a wonderful and relaxing gathering on Saturday. It
was nice to see everyone and share hellos. The food was outstanding.

Thank you to our Treasurer, Natassha for organizing the food, Delcenia for
the Posta salad, Mr. and Mrs. Bluford for the potato and macaroni salid,
Wilbert, Billie and Cheryl for the safety items, Theresa for water and if I
forgot anyone, I am thanking you as well. Our young volunteers were
outstanding. Wayne was the chef who grilled hotdogs for everyone. All-in
all, it was fun!

Thank you to our Ohio Affiliate President for Ubering down for a day to be
with us as well.

I have several action items that I want everyone to take note of!

1: The Columbus Seminar and State Board Meeting.

For those who are attending the Columbus Seminar, thank you for attending.
The work of the Federation is very important and it is members like you who
are putting action into work. 2021 is the year that I am hoping to have the
Parental Rights Bill passed. Let's do it! However, if you are wanting to
attend the Board Meeting only, I need to hear from you as soon as possible.
We need to have a count of who is going downed on September 19, 2021.
Although, you are returning the same day, I am requesting that you alert me
of this.

Secondly,

October is Meet The Blind Month, I spoke to the Cleveland Winery and they
have an available date of October 22, 2021 from 4:00 until 10:00 PM EST. We
can have participants come and eat, taste wine and leave; as they do when
dining at a restaurant. We can sale tickets and people can come and go as
they please. We've spoken of having $15.00 tickets for sale. However, we did
not include taxes or the host fee. Therefore, we should raise the price
perhaps to $20.00. We have a month to sale the tickets. Please email, call
or text me your thoughts. We will discuss this at the next meeting.

Finally,

Please register for the State of Ohio Convention. I am quite hopeful that
COVID-19 levels will fall in the next week. Since the vaccine is now
authorized by FDA; it is hopeful that the Convention will move forward.
Because it is Ohio's 75th anniversary, there are big plans and exciting
prizes coming your way; such as a $750 grand prize raffel. More details will
be released soon.

To register for the State Convention, the Columbus Seminar or the Job Seeker
Seminar, go to the website WWW.NFBOhio.org <http://WWW.NFBOhio.org> .

Be safe and take care of yourself and your family!

Suzanne

National Federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Suzanne Turner, Ohio Affiliate Vice President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.