[NFBOH-Cleveland] Father's Day Benefit Drawing

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 02:31:56 UTC 2022

Greetings to all of our fellow National Federation of the Blind members and
friends.

During this pandemic period, many of us have experienced the blues of being
shut up away from our members and friends.  Now that we have the opportunity
to once again to meet and participate with each other in person at our
annual convention scheduled for July 5,-10, the NFBO of Cleveland Chapter is
sponsoring a Father's Day Benefit Drawing to help as many of its members who
simply want to meet and participate in our convention with us this July in
New Orleans.  Any excess funds will be used to support newly blind
individuals in our area.  We are asking that as many of you who can,  will
help us make our effort to assist our members and newly blind individuals
with their needs and support.  Here is how the drawing will work.

1.	For a donation of $10, a label will be generated with your name,
address, and phone  number.  A separate label will be generated for each ten
dollar donation. All labels will be placed in a barrel for the Father's Day
Benefit Drawing.  You can purchase as many entries as you like. The drawing
will take place on Father's day just in time for the convention.  Entries
will be available from April 7th, thru June 10th.  This will allow us to
make sure all labels are entered into the barrel before the drawing.
2.	HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?  You can mail checks payable to; NFB of
Cleveland to our Treasurer, Natassha Ricks, 6980 Ladd Lane, Maple Heights,
Ohio 44137, or login in to our Ohio state affiliate, www.NFBOHIO.ORG
<http://www.NFBOHIO.ORG>  and click the donations button, make sure you
designate your donation to go to the Cleveland chapter benefit Drawing, be
sure to include your name, address, phone number, and the number of entries
you want; or you can donate via Zell and PayPal by sending your donation to:
treasurer at nfbohio.org <mailto:treasurer at nfbohio.org> ; make sure you
designate your donation for the Cleveland chapter Father's Day Benefit
Drawing, include your name, address, phone number, and the number of drawing
labels requested. Note: If you buy more than one entry label, you can win
more than once.
3.	HOW THE DRAWING WORKS;  tentatively, e.g.  awards based on 120
entries at $10 equals $1200,  $600 awarded to the Cleveland chapter to
support the cause of the drawing; one half, $600 will be awarded to the
first 3  labels drawn with a $25 difference between each award, e.g. entry
one will receive $225, entry two, will receive $200, and entry three, will
receive $175. Currently, 96 tickets have been sold in the last two days. Our
target is 400 tickets to be sold. Please look out for weekly updates.
4.	Entries can be obtained beginning, April 7th, 2022 thru June 10.
This will give us time to ensure all entries are generated. Also, note, $5
of your donation of each entry can be used as a charitable donation. E.g.
you purchase 5 entry labels, $25 can be used as a tax write-off and $25 will
go into the winner pot. The three drawings will be pulled on Facebook live
at 11:30 AM EDT. You do  not have to be present to win.

Note if you wish confirmation via phone or email let us know.  Should you
have questions or need confirmation on how this works, Contact Wilbert
Turner at: 216-561-6864; leave your name and phone number.