[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Updates

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:13:57 UTC 2023

Cleveland Members and Friends,

I hope you are well.

Happy MLK Day!

Just a few announcements.

On tomorrow at 7:00 PM., the Ohio Affiliate President is holding an
All-Members Meeting on zoom. I need all of my Cleveland Chapter members on
this call. The link to join is below!

Also, On Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023, the Ohio Affiliate Board Meeting will be
held at 9:00 AM. It too is on the zoom platform.

On this Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM, Cleveland will hold it Chapter
meeting. Please be prompt; as we have a number of plans to go through. It is
on the same zoom platform.

An Announcement from the Student Division:

Hi all!

Join the Ohio Association of Blind Students on February 18th at 7PM for Our
Education, Our Technology!

Learn about OABS members' journeys with assistive technology and how we use
our favorite tools, and get ready for a crash course in important non-visual
technology skills.

Registration is $20. Follow this link to register!
https://forms.gle/rHPFpf17nVmoWjAF6
<https://forms.gle/rHPFpf17nVmoWjAF6%3chttps:/l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3
A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FrHPFpf17nVmoWjAF6%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0GZW9bQLF5oqyqeSCR-ihgz_
5wfImdoPudSXfYbf8ZQte6c9NALhOwiGQ&h=AT1xPfRoJJlECkVvsubPdqovMAIGZTw3GjCk5UYi
ssj-uB-X6hY_KcIKKCxC-O9e_QSzbCcuMmx6_AZejlaCeSdRoItoKDFKl5eJ6ielrJ0PQLiAgXpT
Chld9Dnbr-WkqEi8H0eEB77bb3ma-3g0&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5b0%5d=AT2FFn0qi49dv7cFAuyKw
nAIuX3q9ZOkH558DXl2r3Is7PtnjL6ssvyUf4kYKkBjU0pD4AVC6QDKMpfhRFz81yrmgh4WERPti
PQeVDsUUYdlGqoEC2RTIYbzmxbLaiT3TXyE>
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FrHPFpf17nVmoWjAF6%
3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0GZW9bQLF5oqyqeSCR-ihgz_5wfImdoPudSXfYbf8ZQte6c9NALhOwiGQ&h=A
T1xPfRoJJlECkVvsubPdqovMAIGZTw3GjCk5UYissj-uB-X6hY_KcIKKCxC-O9e_QSzbCcuMmx6_
AZejlaCeSdRoItoKDFKl5eJ6ielrJ0PQLiAgXpTChld9Dnbr-WkqEi8H0eEB77bb3ma-3g0&__tn
__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2FFn0qi49dv7cFAuyKwnAIuX3q9ZOkH558DXl2r3Is7PtnjL6ssvyUf4kYKk
BjU0pD4AVC6QDKMpfhRFz81yrmgh4WERPtiPQeVDsUUYdlGqoEC2RTIYbzmxbLaiT3TXyE>

The funds will be put toward sending Ohio students to National Association
of Blind Students seminars, and National Federation of the Blind state and
national conventions. If you are unable to come to our virtual class but
would like to make a donation, our paypal is oabs.treasurer at gmail.com
<mailto:oabs.treasurer at gmail.com> .

If you have questions, please reach out!

President - Emily Kiehl, 813-394-2720, kiehley at mail.uc.edu
<mailto:kiehley at mail.uc.edu>  <mailto:kiehley at mail.uc.edu> Vice President -
Shane Popplestone, 234-716-2208, spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
<mailto:spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com%3cmailto:spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com>
<mailto:spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com>

Thank you so much for your support and we hope to see you on Feb 18th!

--

An Announcement from At-Large Chapter of the National Federation of the
Blind of Tennessee

Greetings,

Please support the At-Large Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind
of Tennessee. We are holding a fundraiser that will help us support blind
people in Tennessee. You may purchase a tee shirt, long sleeve, or hoodie by
visiting the link below to preorder. These shirts will not be made and
mailed until after the preorder date of March 15th.

Image description:

ROYAL BLUE SHIRTS WITH LIGHT BLUE INK

On the front left is the NFB logo.

On the back of the shirt is NFB in sim Braille with the words changing one
lives one dot at a time!

The prices are:

Short Sleeve Tee-shirt:
Youth sizes are $15.00 Dollars.

Adults sizes are 20.00 dollars for small through 4XL.

Long sleeve Tee-shirt:

Coming soon.

Youth sizes are $15.00 Dollars.

Adults sizes are 20.00 dollars for small through 4XL.

Hoodies:

Youth sizes are 25.00 dollars.

Adults sizes are 30.00 for small through 4XL.

If you have any questions, please send an email to atlarge at nfbtn.org
<mailto:atlarge at nfbtn.org>  or call 615-669-3516

--

Where: Ohio Zoom Hall

 <https://zoom.us/j/4081850851> https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,4081850851# US (New York)

+13017158592,,4081850851# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)