[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland Updates

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 00:15:52 UTC 2023

Good afternoon Cleveland Members,

I hope you have been enjoying the summer weather. It is quite nice.

Cleveland, we will hold our annual monthly Cleveland Chapter meeting on July
29, 2023 at the Garfield Heights library. During our chapter meeting on July
29, we will have a short meeting and then break into four boutiques,
Entrepreneur ship, brail, Apple products, and a fourth, for members to
participate. Anyone who is blind is welcome to attend. This will be for
members and those who need some assistance. Spread the word with those who
are members and those who are not, but would benefit from these sessions.
The Garfield address and time will be sent out one week prior to the
meeting.

Those who will connect on zoom for the Chapter meeting, we want you to be
apart of these four sessions. We will include everyone.

Your members have just returned back from the National Federation Of The
Blind, 2023 National Convention in Houston Texas. It was an exciting
opportunity for our newly blind members to network, participate in
informative seminars, and serve at the Ohio exhibit table. Ohio sold out of
all of our products. I want to thank the members for all of their hard work.

The 2024 National Convention will be held in Orlando Florida at the Rosen
Center Hotel from July 3rd to July 8th 2024.

Just a reminder that on this Sunday, July 16th,  at 7 PM, Sharing Solutions
will talk about Ageism, Diversity and Inclusion celebrating the Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA).  You do not want to miss this presentation. It
will be on the Ohio zoom hall platform, which the info to connect is below.

During September, we will engage in a yard sale. We need all members on
deck. You can either donate items, be at the yard sale, helping out, or
spreading the word.  This will be our yearly fundraiser. So it is important
that all members participate. We need to raise money for our treasury!
Therefore, we all can play a part.

The State of Ohio convention will be held in Columbus Ohio on November 17,
18th and 19th, at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Columbus/Worthington.
Cleveland will charter a bus. The round-trip fee is $70! The deadline to
secure your seat will be, September 30. For additional questions,  Please
reach out to me.

On July 19 at 7 PM, the Ohio Affiliate President, Richard Payne will hold a
National Convention debriefing on zoom. It will be the same contact
information that is below to join. Even if you did not attend the
convention, information can be valuable to you as well.

Note!  Please bring a member with you to the meeting on July 29. We want to
continue growing our membership and teach the blind a little of what we can
offer them.

I will see you there.

Suzanne,

Where: Ohio Zoom Hall
https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,4081850851# US (New York)
+13017158592,,4081850851# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 408 185 0851
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abUfeUkQWm

Join by Skype for Business
https://zoom.us/skype/4081850851

National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
Suzanne M. Turner, Ohio Executive Board Member
Ohio Membership Coordinator
Ohio Senior Division President
Cleveland Chapter, President
 (216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.