[NFBOH-Cleveland] November Cleveland Chapter Updates

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 23:00:11 UTC 2023

Cleveland Members,

As we unwind  from the Ohio Convention, I want to share with you how elated
I am with the experiences from being with our members, presenters and new
Conrad's. This was an awesome Convention that our Affiliate President,
Richard Payne organized. I can not wait for next year.

I want to remind you that Chapter dues are here and you can bring them to
the Cleveland Chapter Christmas party. Also, please bring your Senior
Division dues as well. Dues are $10 with $5 for bereavement. So, $15 will be
needed to be a member of the Cleveland Chapter for 2024.

However, Senior Division dues are just $5.

At the Convention, there were several elections and we will discuss those at
the party. Yes, we will have a short meeting just to catch everyone up to
date. I am looking forward to seeing everyone there. If you are bringing a
guest, please notify me first; as our members have first come, first serve.

The Cleveland Chapter party will be held on December 16th from 5 to 8 EST.
The location is,

Bodega Restaurant and Lounge

1854 Coventry, Cleveland, Heights Ohio 44118

Also, members have been invited to the Cuyahoga County Christmas party,
which will be held on December 9th from 4 to 8. The location is,

My Friend Restaurant

11616 Detroit Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44102

Bring a gift worth $20, if you want to play, screw your neighbor.

Finally, on last year the Cleveland Chapter voted to participate with the
Circle City Chapter of Indiana, in their Angel Giving Program. We have a
family here in Ohio that will be honored. Ivory Thomas, who is visually
impaired. She has a ten year old son and resides in a near Toledo area.
Cleveland and partners will grant her $200 to help with making her life a
little easier. This event will be on December 2, 2023 from 2 to 4 EST. When
I receive the zoon info, I will share it.

Finally, please continue to collect shoes for our fundraiser. It will not
end until February. We should collect as many as you can to bring in
contributions to raise funds for our Chapter.

If I do not see or talk to you prior to the New Year. Merry Christmas and
Happy New Year.

Suzanne

National Federation of the Blind (NFB)

Suzanne M. Turner, Ohio Executive Board Member

Ohio Membership Coordinator

Ohio Senior Division President

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216) 990-6199

Please click on the links below to learn more about the organization

The Ohio Affiliate

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGe_1qGbkX8

"Live the life you want" featuring, National President, Mark Riccobono

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DesLNDBpYVE&feature=share

Visit and take a moment to like our Facebook Page!

<https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/>
https://m.facebook.com/NationalFederationOfTheBlindOfOhioClevelandChapter/

blindness is not what holds you back.