[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland July updates

smturner.234 at gmail.com smturner.234 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 16:39:49 UTC 2024

Happy July Cleveland, members and friends,

We have returned from the 84th National Federation of the Blind National Convention that took place in Orlando Florida from July 3rd through July 8th. It was an exciting time and now we are recuperating.

I want to take a moment to congratulate Natasha Ricks on releasing her short story that everyone can now purchase. I am sure she will let us know how to get the narration.

Also, please keep Henry Butler, Cecil Dukes and Wayne Fletcher in your prayers and good thoughts.

The Americans with disabilities act birthday is coming up on July 26, 2024. I would like to have a celebration or , have a program in the community. If anyone has any suggestions, please email or give me a call.

We will hold our monthly annual Cleveland Chapter meeting on, July 20, 2024 from two until 4 PM. The location is the Martin Luther King library, 1962 Stokes Boulevard, Cleveland. I am hoping to see everyone in attendance. It’s my birthday! So I will bring snacks!

 There is some exciting news that I want to bring to your attention during the meeting. So, make sure you attend.

Everyone my challenge is for you to bring a guest!

For the last few chapter meetings, there are some members that I have not seen present. If you’re having difficulty with transportation or getting to the meetings, please let me know! We want to see you present, also we need your talent, skills and ideas in order to continue making the Cleveland chapter one of the best chapters in the state.

In November 2024, West Lake will hold the State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio. The Convention dates are Thursday, November 14, 2024, through Sunday, November 17, 2024. Ohio Affiliate, President, Richard Payne, and the Ohio Board of Directors invite you to come learn how to reach your maximum leadership potential, participate in motivational and leadership development seminars, and most of all learn about “living the life you want.” The 2024 Ohio Convention theme is, “Unleashing Potential: Empowering Through Leadership”! The DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Westlake Hotel address is 1100 Crocker Road, Cleveland Westlake, Ohio 44145. You can make reservations by calling (800) 445-8667. Individuals must identify themselves as being with the group, The National Federation of the Blind, at the time the reservation is made in order to receive the special group rate.

I will see you all on July 20 at 2 PM.