[NFBOH-Cleveland] Cleveland this is Urgent, Please Read

smturner.234 at gmail.com smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 17:45:29 UTC 2024

Cleveland,

The NFB Legislative Team at National has sent down a directive for everyone
to call or email their House of Representatives to urge them to sign Bill
3935.

At 3:00 PM, the Zoom Room will be open to make those call. Please join to
help contact your Congressperson. I will have the telephone numbers for you.
Read the info below.

It is crucial that we do this today.

Read the info below!

Click Here to join the call.

 <https://zoom.us/j/4081850851> https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,4081850851# US (New York)

+13017158592,,4081850851# US (Germantown)

  <https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/images/top-blue-bar.jpg>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33974&qid=9825576>

Contact House of Representatives about the FAA and Blind Air Passengers

Dear Federation Member,

Thank you to all who made calls and sent emails to your United States
Senators last week. Because of our efforts, H.R. 3935 passed the Senate on
May 9, 2024, with all of the accessibility provisions intact, by an
overwhelming majority. This is great news, but the job is not done yet. The
bill now heads to the House of Representatives for final consideration.

We need your help by contacting your members in the House of Representatives
urging them to vote in favor of H.R. 3935, keeping in these important
accessibility provisions for blind and disabled air travelers.

These provisions include training requirements for assisting passengers with
disabilities, better access standards for the accessibility of in-flight
entertainment, and improved access to airline websites. Additionally, the
bill initiates a pilot program for air passengers to register their service
animal, eliminating the need to complete the service animal forms for each
flight. Therefore, we are asking you to contact your Representative in the
House, either by phone or by email, to urge them to maintain the disability
related portions of the bill while being considered by the House of
Representatives. Given that the House is likely to vote this week, it would
be most beneficial to contact your Representative's office before Friday,
May 17.

Example Message

When you call or email, you might say the following:
"Hello, my name is [YOUR NAME], and I am a constituent of [REPRESENTATIVE
NAME]. I live in [CITY, STATE]. I would like to urge [REPRESENTATIVE NAME]
to maintain the accessibility-related provisions of H.R 3935 as it moves
through the House of Representatives. These provisions in the legislation
will help increase the accessibility of air travel for blind and disabled
passengers.
Thanks."

If applicable, feel free to personalize your message with a recent
disability barrier you experienced while traveling.

How to Contact Your Senator

You can contact your Representative by calling the Capitol Switchboard and
asking for the office in question. The number is 202-224-3121. The contact
information for all House of Representatives offices is also in the attached
spreadsheet. The members on the spreadsheet are organized in alphabetical
order by last name. If you send an email to your Representative's office,
please copy Justin Young at jyoung at nfb.org
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33975&qid=9825576>  on the email.

Thank you for your commitment to advancing the lives of blind people.

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33976&qid=9825576>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33977&qid=9825576>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33978&qid=9825576>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33979&qid=9825576>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33980&qid=9825576>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33981&qid=9825576>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

=beca81b3b213750b> Unsubscribe from this mailing list |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=23118&qid=9825576&h=beca
81b3b213750b> Opt out of all mailing lists |
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=33982&qid=9825576> Sign up for our
newsletter

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States

..

  <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/open?qid=9825576>
<https://u32452178.ct.sendgrid.net/wf/open?upn=u001.KKBkbiHsujagQzxkBQWBPzJu
DrBYhEHTMYNmaony-2FT2BKqUTRduAyoU-2F35QLQTB8KGHmcrMnO5wmV7-2BIzjAD-2B4xYSRW9
U8NBXPtE8gtFbYCj8Bx3oDDNGTRmfCUYbAOfrGrChJmSrJ6v11H9I9iOIsjhkytXDl87E7-2F4XH
yAhNsOpS4qzrn8EKgjrZK0TvAyWOaX7nt9qe7c-2BwbF1VAYIF-2FgOsDsCQ-2FnA3lMXa-2FPIu
g-3D>

Suzanne M. Hartfield Turner

Executive Board of Director

Ohio Legislative Director

Cleveland Chapter, President

(216P: ) 990-6199

W: NFBOhio.ORG

Facebook:  <https://www.facebook.com/ohiosblind/photos/>
https://www.facebook.com/ohiosblind/photos/

Together, with love, hope, and determination, the members of the National
Federation of the Blind transform dreams into reality. You can live the life
you want, blindness does not hold you back.