[NFBOK-Talk] New to Group

Britta ijinxu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 6 20:25:17 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone!

My name is Britta, I live in Oklahoma.  I have an 8 year old boy who was born with Sporadic Aniridia. Currently I am in due process with my son's school system because they have denied him learning Braille. This is a new school this year we moved in the Summer. Last year he started Braille at his old school he attended fro three years. HIs VI teacher at his last school stated "he was the best Braille student she ever had" & "He learns new letters & words quickly".
Anyway, I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has gone through this situation or a due process since I am entering into unfamiliar areas. I was wondering does anyone know if Oklahoma has a Braille Bill? And what does it say?

I look forward to learning information from this group & hopefully being a support to someone too.
By the way anyone in the group live here in Oklahoma that has low vision and/or Aniridia?