[NFBOK-Talk] Holiday Greetings

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Wed Dec 23 19:55:03 UTC 2015

Happy Holidays!

Season's Greetings, Federation family,

I hope this finds you and yours happy and healthy as we move through the
holiday season. I wish for you, your friends and  family, that this time of
year create happy memories that will last a lifetime regardless of what
holiday you choose, or not, to celebrate. Thank you for living the lives
that you want and, by doing, so demonstrating that blindness does not hold
you back. The work that we do together and the lives that we individually
lead are and will continue making a difference in the lives of blind people
across the state of Oklahoma. Our work will continue in forward momentum
with growth in new chapters, strength in existing chapters and  in raising
expectations of ourselves, each other and those that we meet along the way.

President Riccobono  sends his warm wishes in the following message:

This week's video is my thank you to everyone for their support in 2015 and
season's greetings from the Federation. It can be viewed at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hZoUOnT0hU

As we approach the Christmas holiday, I want to extend my warmest wishes for
you and your family. It is truly a blessing to be able to serve with each of
you and to help make the difference we make together. I am grateful for what
the Federation has done and continues to do in my life. Here's hoping that
each of you have lots of time with family and friends during this special
time of year and that all who are traveling encounter no problems.

You may recognize the voice of the person who says, "Every day we raise
expectations.

I appreciate your continued support as President of the Affiliate and as I
navigate my new role as Treasurer of the National Federation of the Blind.
We have  tremendous Affiliate and National Boards with  Federationists who
put their hearts and souls as well as countless volunteer hours into the
work that they do for all blind people.

**A Note about our Annual NFBOK State Convention**

Our affiliate convention will be held in Tulsa beginning Thursday evening,
March 31st thru Sunday, April  3rd. It will be held at the Holiday Inn
Downtown. In the week or so to come, there will be a link that will direct
you to reserve your rooms. Chapter and Division Presidents, please let me
know if you want to request time and space for special meetings.

More details and registration information will be made available in the
coming weeks.

Happy holidays and hope for a great start to the beginning of the new year!

Warmly,

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of theBlind

Of Oklahoma

505 Baker Street

Norman, OK 73072

Phone: 405-600-0695

Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org <mailto:Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org>

characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day, we raise
expectations of the blind because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. Blindness is not what holds you back. You can
live the life youw ant.!.

"Whatever you dare to dream, begin." - Goethe