[NFBOK-Talk] Central OK Chapter Pool Party, Aug 15!

Audrey Farnum atfarnum at icloud.com
Tue Jul 21 01:11:18 UTC 2015

Greetings!

The Central Oklahoma Chapter of NFBOK will be hosting its annual Cookout and Pool Party on Saturday August 15, 2015 from 3 to 7 PM. The party will take place instead of our regularly scheduled meeting for August. We will have plenty of hamburgers, hot dogs and other goodies for you to enjoy. All are welcome. Please bring a towel and sunscreen. The pool area has plenty of shaded seating if you  aren’t a fan of being in the sun.

The party is at the home of Gary and Glenda Farnum located at 6116 W. Gun Hill Way. It is West off N. MacArthur in the Twin Lakes neighborhood. From MacArthur, turn West on  Twin Lakes Drive. Go right at the first stop sign and left at the next stop sign you come to. Gun Hill Way is the first right.

If you want to bring an item for the party, please contact me. We will provide the meat, but we will need help with buns, chips, sodas, water, plates, napkins, plasticware, Sides and desserts and probably stuff I am forgetting. Let me know what you would like to bring so I can make sure we don’t end up with duplicates.
 We will have transportation available for a cost of $15 for anyone living in the OKC metro area. Please contact me to reserve a spot on the van.

If you didn’t make it to National Convention, we will have some really cool stuff on hand that we sold in Orlando as a fundraiser. First, benefiting the Oklahoma Affiliate, we have a cool external battery pack featuring the NFB 75th Anniversary logo. The battery pack is slightly larger than a tube of lipstick and can be used to charge numerous electronic devices such as cell phones, bluetooth headsets, Daisy book players, Braille displays and more. It works great with the iPhone for easy charging on the go when you aren’t near an electrical outlet. These great little chargers are $20 and are fully charged ready for use. They come with a micro USB cable for easy recharging of the battery pack itself. If you can charge your gadget in a USB port, then you can charge it on this battery pack. You don’t want to miss out on these. I’ve been using mine since convention and it’s better than larger battery packs I own that cost me twice as much.

We also have some Head Country BBQ seasoning that the Central Oklahoma Chapter took to convention to raise money for the Chapter. The seasoning is a dry rub and is great on all kinds of things like meats, veggies and snacks. I love it in scrambled eggs and on popcorn. It’s a great seasoning to give your food a unique flavor boost. The 6 Ounce bottles are $5. Special thanks goes out to Head Country BBQ, an Oklahoma company, for its generous donation of product for our fundraiser.

If you are interested in either of these products, please bring some extra cash to the party and we will hook you up!

I hope to see you all on August 15 for a great afternoon of fun in the sun and fellowship with our Federation family.

Audrey T. Farnum
President
Central Oklahoma Chapter
NFBOK