[NFBOK-Talk] Braille Book Fair 2016

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Wed Feb 10 20:49:54 UTC 2016

Braille Book Fair 2016

Calling all Braille readers, teachers, and parents!

It's that time again: Time to sort through all those boxes of Braille books
and donate those gently used but no longer needed Braille books to the 2016
Braille Book Fair sponsored by the National Organization of Parents of Blind
Children.

Our primary goal is to get more Braille books into the hands of children,
youth, and beginning adult readers, so here's what we need most:

.        PRINT/BRAILLE STORY BOOKS (AKA TWIN VISION)

.        BOOKS IN GOOD CONDITION

.        LEISURE READING (FICTION OR NONFICTION) BOOKS

.        COOKBOOKS AND POETRY

Children are so hungry for their very own books that every year, despite
generous donations of books, most of our books for young children are gone
in less than an hour.  So, begin your search through the boxes in your
basement and spare room and get those books shipped to:

2016 Braille Book Fair

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, MD 21230

Please note that you are shipping the books FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND;
you do not need to pay shipping cost for braille items.

Hand write, stamp or affix a label to the upper right hand corner of the box
stating:

FREE MATTER FOR THE BLIND.

Take your package(s) to your local Post Office.  There is no shipping fee
for Free Matter for the Blind when mailed through the Post Office.

 From: Krystal Guillory <kguillory at louisianacenter.org
<mailto:kguillory at louisianacenter.org> >

E-Mail:  dandrews at visi.com <mailto:dandrews at visi.com>  or
david.andrews at nfbnet.org <mailto:david.andrews at nfbnet.org>