[NFBOK-Talk] Scholarships for Blind and visually impaired students

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 10 22:25:24 UTC 2016

National Federation of the Blind 2016 Scholarship Program

www.nfb.org/scholarships <http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>

Deadline: March 31, 2016

Are you a legally blind college student living in the United States or
Puerto Rico? Our annual program offers 30 scholarships worth from $3,000 to
$12,000 to eligible students, from high school seniors beginning their
freshman year in the fall semester of 2016, up through grad students working
on their PhD degrees. These merit scholarships are based on academic
excellence, community service, and leadership. In addition to the money,
each winner will receive assistance to attend the July 2016 NFB annual
convention in Orlando, Florida providing an excellent opportunity for
high-level networking with active blind persons in many different
professions and occupations.  To apply, read the rules and the Submission
Checklist, complete the official 2016 Scholarship Application Form (online
or in print), supply all required documents, and request and complete one
interview by the Affiliate President of the NFB affiliate where you
currently live or where you will be attending university )unless the
president requests a later date). Applications are accepted  through March
31. Go to  <http://www.nfb.org/scholarships> www.nfb.org/scholarships for
complete rules and requirements.

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of theBlind - Oklahoma

505 Baker Street

Norman, OK 73072

Phone: 405-600-0695

Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org <mailto:Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org>

characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day, we raise
expectations of the blind because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. Blindness is not what holds you back. You can
live the life you want!

"Whatever you dare to dream, begin." - Goethe