[NFBOK-Talk] NFB -- Call to Action!URGENT

Jeannie Massay jmassay1 at cox.net
Mon Jul 11 17:32:57 UTC 2016

Federation Family,

Our brothers and sisters in the Oklahoma Association of Blind Merchants and
those across the country in the NABM need our help!!Please read and act on
the message below.

Preserve the Randolph Sheppard priority!

>From the National Federation of the Blind Business Enterprise Initiative

Call to Action: Your help is desperately needed and it will only take a few
seconds of your time. The Department of Defense is promulgating rules that
will effectively eliminate the Randolph-Sheppard priority for troop dining
contracts on military bases. 40+ blind vendors will lose their jobs and
future opportunities will be lost forever. Vendors in states that depend on
set aside from these contracts will face significant increases in set aside
fees and/or the elimination or reduction in fringe benefits. We cannot let
this happen. Let your voice be heard. Submit a comment today.

Simply click on the link below, click the red box that applies to you, enter
your name and state, and hit Submit. It couldn't be easier. Your friends and
family can submit comments as well by clicking on Other Stakeholder. We
cannot allow this to happen. Act now. We only have 1 month to submit
comments and convince DOD to pull the proposed rule.
<https://nfb.constituentvoice.net/nfbreg/>
https://nfb.constituentvoice.net/nfbreg/

NOTE - Please e-mail Terry Smith  at the NFBEI at  <mailto:tsmith at nfb.org>
tsmith at nfb.org back once you have completed this so that we can track our

Jeannie M. Massay, President

National Federation of theBlind

Of Oklahoma

505 Baker Street

Norman, OK 73072

Phone: 405-600-0695

Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org <mailto:Jeannie.massay at nfbok.org>

characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day, we raise
expectations of the blind because low expectations create obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. Blindness is not what holds you back. You can
live the life you want.!.

"Whatever you dare to dream, begin." - Goethe